Server shuts down immediately after new update

Jack Burton

rampageX

If you could try the beta release on the website - 3.6.0.1, that would be helpful. If you notice improvement then we'll package some of the changes into a 3.5.1 stable release. Thanks.

3.6.0.1 working fine here.

space2001

DllHost (7196,G,98) The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000.

DOn't know if this helps either

DllHost (7196,G,98) The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000.

DOn't know if this helps either

According to these that can cause apps to freeze and/or crash:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9054b832-d001-4543-b3b0-bcbb729d5f24/esediskflushconsistency-win10-1709?forum=win10itprogeneral

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/78abzl/beta_feature_in_windows_update/

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47785475/the-beta-feature-esediskflushconsistency-is-enabled-in-esent-due-to-the-beta-sit

So maybe you want to focus on that rather than Emby Server.

space2001

I have looked into this and this message appears regardless of emby or not. and I went back to logs before 3.5 and errors are still there but emby was working ok.

It seems that this is getting pushed to us as our problem but something was introduced in 3.5 that is causing this issue with many people.  4 days now with no solution in site. It is very frustrating to say the least.

I don't think there's actually a bug in 3.5. I think it just so happens there are changes that are causing the problem on your system to be more pronounced. But nonetheless I think the root problem is something on your machine.

space2001

I will look at things tonight but the system is running strong and there is nothing on it but a emby server and windows 10.

Edited by space2001

media-junkie

I too am having the same issue.  Reboot server and Emby server dies at a few moment... usually at 87% through scanning media library.  Running on a Windows 10 Pro (Hyper-V).  Updated to the newest beta version resolved the issue as did rolling back the VM to prior to the most recent Emby update.  Windows event viewer showed nothing.  No AV running.  Just vanilla Windows and Emby server.

Trevor68

87% is a common number. My media scans (including 30gig of music now removed) used to take approximately 4 minutes. It now takes 1 minute to reach 87% and then 15 minutes to complete from there.

This is on a dedicated PC that is never touched or altered in any way as it is for watching TV in the loungeroom. I can guarantee the ONLY change present was the Emby Server update.

It is one thing to suggest that "Changes" have exposed existing flaws in multiple people's systems, it is another to not list said changes and outright announce there is no issue with Emby.

Best of luck getting your systems working again, I'ved moved on, funnily enough to a system that just works. On my existing PC.

There's multiple people in here. That comment was directed only towards space2001.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

87% is a common number. My media scans (including 30gig of music now removed) used to take approximately 4 minutes. It now takes 1 minute to reach 87% and then 15 minutes to complete from there.

This is on a dedicated PC that is never touched or altered in any way as it is for watching TV in the loungeroom. I can guarantee the ONLY change present was the Emby Server update.

It is one thing to suggest that "Changes" have exposed existing flaws in multiple people's systems, it is another to not list said changes and outright announce there is no issue with Emby.

Best of luck getting your systems working again, I'ved moved on, funnily enough to a system that just works. On my existing PC.

But the real question is why is this only happening to lets say a dozen or so systems and not All?  What is so different about your systems?  I can't reproduce on any test machine.  

Edited by Happy2Play

grid-hibiscus-pancake

This is happening on an official emby docker image as well. This doesn't seem to be limited only to Windows systems.

Though last night after several forced rebuilds of the container and redoing full library rescan. it's been running without shutting down.

I did however also have issues with my isp and packet loss while people were trying to stream some content. Not sure if isp situation might have affected emby in some way.

I'm keeping fingers crossed.

But the real question is why is this only happening to lets say a dozen or so systems and not All? What is so different about your systems? I can't reproduce on any test machine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

FYI, guys, it wasn't gamebrowser causing mine to crash (not installed) but TV Theme Songs, which I notice is no longer available in the catalogue. I assume it's going to be updated at some point?

Thanks pgriffith. Removing TV Theme Songs plugin fixed it for me.

space2001

I dont' have any plugins installed.

Going to try the beta install now and see if that fixes it.

space2001

beta did not work.

I am doing a complete REintall and now not going to my backup, I have a feeling something in the backup may be making crash.

I will start from scratch. :(:wacko:  :(

space2001

So Just FYI and Knock on Wood, I did a fresh install of 3.5 and Did not restore from Backup.

I recreated My users and so far so good with scanning and no crash so far. 

It seems the Backup is causing it.

Happy2Play

So Just FYI and Knock on Wood, I did a fresh install of 3.5 and Did not restore from Backup.

I recreated My users and so far so good with scanning and no crash so far. 

It seems the Backup is causing it.

You should be able to restore Users and User data without any issues.  The rest is another story.

Were you restoring previous version into 3.5?

Edited by Happy2Play

space2001

You should be able to restore Users and User data without any issues.  The rest is another story.

Were you restoring previous version into 3.5?

I did a full restore I guess. But I am assuming some structure changed.

I did a full restore I guess. But I am assuming some structure changed.

You did a "full restore" exactly how?

space2001

You did a "full restore" exactly how?

I meant I Clean install and started from Scratch. I created Users, added Directories extra.  I did not start with the backup.

• 3 months later...
adelphiaUK

I have JUST started to receive this message in my Event Viewer. I only checked because I kept getting a quick "flash" of a window on my desktop and every time I got a flash this event was recorded in my event log. I only recently installed Emby on my main Windows 10 based PC as it's a powerful machine and my previous Emby Server, which was run on a dedicated Ubuntu Server, has now been closed down. After doing a bit of research this looks like it could have something to do with the TVDB that's giving the issue. The issue is apparently related to SQLite but I don't have anything which uses SQLite. I'm not sure if Emby Server uses it in any of it's scrapers but if it does this could well be the issue.