Server shuts down immediately after new update

Jack Burton

Happy2Play

Have you tried restarting the machine?

Happy2Play

@@space2001

Not sure what it means but all your logs end exactly the same.

http://192.168.0.102:8096/emby/Items/536714fc79f728f2f29c7a72b662b8a5/Images/Backdrop/0?MaxWidth=10000&MaxHeight=10000&Format=original&Tag=0d63a0b4bf4d331490485bcc9f842783. UserAgent: SPMC/16.7-04 (Linux; Android 8.0; SHIELD Android TV Build/OPR6.170623.010) Kodi_Fork_SPMC/1.0 Android/8.0.0 Sys_CPU/aarch64 App_Bitness/64 Version/16.7-04-Git:2018-02-25-94d913d-dirty

Is windows fully up to date? does anything show up in windows event viewer?

Trevor68

is there anything we should be doing besides reverting and turning off auto-update?

I see quite a few people having issues with this update, but no suggestions beyond removing plugins which clearly isn't working.

Edited by Trevor68

is there anything we should be doing besides reverting and turning off auto-update?

I see quite a few people having issues with this update, but no suggestions beyond removing plugins which clearly isn't working.

Does this only happen during a scan?

I am having the same issue since the server update. It does happen during the library scan. If I stop the scan the server doesn't crash.

Trevor68

Does this only happen during a scan?

Since the update 2 days ago I have no server because it cannot complete a scan, sticks at 87% every single time, even after removing my music library, still 87%, hence my need to revert but I guess that window is gone as well by now.

Would you mind replacing this file in your installation and seeing if it makes a difference? Thanks.

Didn't fix it for me.

Trevor68

Cannot test the file as I have no clue where it goes? It seems like after removing my music library a full scan took around 36 hours. Tried adding my music library back, bad idea. Removed it again, now a full scan is taking an unknown amount of time, perhaps 36 hours again. Server is unresponsive and can do nothing else while scanning.

Downloading plex as I want to watch tv tonight :-(

Trevor68

This reminds me of why I left the beta channel years ago. Oh well, roll on day three of the great server outage I guess.

Happy2Play

The question is what is so different about the libraries of the few here having this issue?

space2001

Well It seems the logs are not saying much so maybe they need to log more stuff.  Its hard to anything when the server crashes right away. But I agree 3 days and nothing has been done is very discouraging. 

space2001

Other issues that happen with the crash.

Can't restart emby by clicking on system tray icon.

Give's error can't restart.