Theme Videos in AndroidTV / ShieldTV?

Sammy

Sorry, not yet.  Again, the thing that continues to slow us down on this is the fact that there is no free and readily available source for this content so the feature only impacts a very small audience (and is far from trivial to implement properly).

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

Scott310

But there is a very large number of us that use @@radeon's tools and a smaller number of us that source our own.  Many of the other clients have this including the web portal.  I am still waiting to take full advantage of my android clients simply because this feature is not there yet.

It is obviously pretty popular if it keeps getting bumped....

Edited by Scott310
  • Like 4

K1ng_Lear

But there is a very large number of us that use @@radeon's tools and a smaller number of us that source our own.  Many of the other clients have this including the web portal.  I am still waiting to take full advantage of my android clients simply because this feature is not there yet.

It is obviously pretty popular if it keeps getting bumped....

What other clients have this feature? I am using the iOS Clients, too, and there is this feature but it’s annoying and I deactivated it. On the other hand is it very well implemented in the web client.

• Like 1

K1ng_Lear

Emby theater has it.

Ok, unfortunately I don’t own any kind of a windows machine and have no intention to buy one. So I would appreciate it, if this feature comes to the shield, too.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

So the explanations here don’t seem to add up. Elsewhere the “consistency “ argument is used to implement things no-one actually asked for, yet here where there is a demand and no consistency there is no action.

• Like 1

This is a hard one that requires re-working the entire user interface so that video can be displayed underneath. Emby Theater and the web app did this work years ago and that is why they have the feature.

We cannot prioritize this ahead of things like Live TV development and other broadly used features, but hopefully we will be able to get to it in the not so distant future. Thanks.

• Like 3

josenightbreed

This is a hard one that requires re-working the entire user interface so that video can be displayed underneath. Emby Theater and the web app did this work years ago and that is why they have the feature.

We cannot prioritize this ahead of things like Live TV development and other broadly used features, but hopefully we will be able to get to it in the not so distant future. Thanks.

That is very true, there are other things with higher priority than video background. And the Ios implementation of it is very annoying lol

• 1 month later...
Sammy

It's getting closer.

Thanks.

Closer now??

I know there's been a lot of other priorities that are more appreciated but this is icing on the cake (for me anyhow)!

• Like 2

Sammy

For me, NUMBER ONE priority!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Sorry, not yet.  Again, the thing that continues to slow us down on this is the fact that there is no free and readily available source for this content so the feature only impacts a very small audience (and is far from trivial to implement properly).

Bigmack3000

Thanks.  I'm just curious if the following are two separate goals or both being help up by the same thing.  It seems like there's a holdup in how to pull videos from the internet to provide video backdrops (the way Emby already pulls photos for them).  Is the same thing holding up implementing video backdrops that we source ourselves and are already in the backdrop folder?

• 2 months later...
andreash76

I did buy all the plugins for 8$, but it seems it´s still useless since more than a year. I hope it´s getting implemented. I am running on FireTV and also Apple TV4K. Both have their topics (apple TV the translation it seems) for an example. 

Keep going the good work. I will 100% not going back to Plex anymore ;)

Edited by andreash76

• 1 month later...
Beefy Banana

Just bought the plugins and came looking to see why the theme videos weren't working on the Shield app. +1 for me as well would love to see this working

• 3 weeks later...
lurch9366

+1 for me. I rip my own content from blu-ray disk and am sure to add the "theme" blu ray menu video. This worked great on emby for wmc but since my switch to nvidia sheild due to the lack of win 7 support I really miss this.

Thanks Emby team for all your hard work!!!!

• 1 month later...
Sammy

Hi.  The app supports theme songs but not videos at this point.

Thanks.

Do you plan on adding video support at some point in the future?  Is it on the "todo-list"? 

It is on the list.

Thanks.

Soon?? PLEASE!

• Like 1

Sammy

What if we add our own content just like with everything else in our libraries?

• 4 weeks later...
Whupper

+1 also for me. I would really like the Theme Videos feature on Android TV. Don't have any other feature requests than that.

• 1 month later...
ThamerZ28

+1 for me also, been waiting forever for this to work on android tv clients, just give us the option to add our own media/content, Please!