Theme Videos in AndroidTV / ShieldTV?

Sammy

Sammy

Do they work? I've been requested to ask here but I've not seen them on my ShieldTV.

TIA

I cant say as I don't know. You need to look at the plugins more like metadata providers. Putting it simply, they download theme metadata and put it in the right place to be detected by emby server. Once emby server knows about it, it's accessible to all clients, its just down to them if they choose to use them. So techinically the plugin "works" with all clients.

You'd be better off asking in each of the client sections if theme media is utilised within that given client. Sorry I cant be more definitive. Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Devdroid

No, they don't work with the Android apps. 

It's up to someone from Emby to add support for it apparently. The plugin author can't do anything about it. 

It would be great if the Emby guys decide to add support for theme video and theme audio :)

Edited by Devdroid

maegibbons

Theme audio is already in the android tv app.

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sammy

No, they don't work with the Android apps. 

It's up to someone from Emby to add support for it apparently. The plugin author can't do anything about it. 

It would be great if the Emby guys decide to add support for theme video and theme audio :)

Theme audio is already in the android tv app.

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

These are completely conflicting answers.

It seems it was working on my Galaxy Phone a while ago then got broken by a server upgrade. I have never seen them on my ShieldTV though although got it before the plugin was fixed.

I suppose it is fixed now? but one needs to re-pay which I don't mind doing if it works on the devices I actually use.

maegibbons

You dont actually NEED the plugin to make it work.  Just put a file in the correct media folder for the show and call it "theme.mp3".

THEN enable the Theme songs option in the FATV app and the tune will play when you go in to that show.

"All" the plugin does is save you the effort of Manually finding and downloading all the themes for all your shows.

PLEASE see the difference between the plugin funtionaility and that built in to the various apps to play the content.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

Hi.  The app supports theme songs but not videos at this point.

Thanks.

Devdroid

Hi.  The app supports theme songs but not videos at this point.

Thanks.

Do you plan on adding video support at some point in the future?  Is it on the "todo-list"? 

Edited by Devdroid

• 2 months later...
cbdudek

Just thought I would bump this because I think this would be an awesome addition.  I recently discovered the plugins for theme songs and videos, and man I think that they are awesome when I am browsing on my PC.  On my Nvidia Shield, I can get the theme songs, but it would be nice to get the theme videos.  Thanks guys!

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
jburgess

Me too! It's looks fantastic on web browser. I actually think it's adds another experience to the app and is a huge selling point.

• Like 1

Devdroid

Another option I'd have to disable :)

It will probably be disabled by default, so you don't have to worry a tiny bit about it :)

But thanks for sharing. Now we all know that you, @@CBers, will go ahead and disable it. Thanks for sharing this very useful and constructive piece of information . I'm sure we're all the wiser now   :rolleyes:

Edited by Devdroid

CBers

It will probably be disabled by default, so you don't have to worry a tiny bit about it :)

But thanks for sharing. Now we all know that you, @@CBers, will go ahead and disable it. Thanks for sharing this very useful and constructive piece of information . I'm sure we're all the wiser now   :rolleyes:

No need for the sarcastic comment!!

I was just commenting that not everyone would use the option  :rolleyes:

Devdroid

No need for the sarcastic comment!!

I was just commenting that not everyone would use the option  :rolleyes:

It's pretty obvious that people who don't express interest in a feature probably aren't interested in it... No need to enter this thread if you're not interested in it. 

Please try and keep it on topic and be more constructive moving forwards, especially as a moderator you should know better. I shouldn't have to explain this for you. If you have something to say, express why it's not of interest to you, so it can be improved on. Don't just enter a thread with "I'm going to disable this!". It's of zero value and quite frankly ignorant.   

Edited by Devdroid

Another option I'd have to disable :)

True. Disabled by default is fine.

That said, I like theme videos in Netflix and would like to see the option in Emby for AndroidTV.

CBers

It's pretty obvious that people who don't express interest in a feature probably aren't interested in it... No need to enter this thread if you're not interested in it.

Please try and keep it on topic and be more constructive moving forwards, especially as a moderator you should know better. I shouldn't have to explain this for you. If you have something to say, express why it's not of interest to you, so it can be improved on. Don't just enter a thread with "I'm going to disable this!". It's of zero value and quite frankly ignorant.

Taking grief for expressing a comment as a user, not as a Moderator :rolleyes:

Are people no longer allowed to disagree.

This isn't the Plex forums you know :)

Devdroid

Taking grief for expressing a comment as a user, not as a Moderator :rolleyes:

Are people no longer allowed to disagree.

This isn't the Plex forums you know :)

I'll try and be the better user here and leave this discussion, so that the thread can continue on topic and be....constructive. 

I also sure hope it doesn't turn into the...less constructive Plex forums. We fully agree on that point. 

Edited by Devdroid

CBers

I'll try and be the better user here and leave this discussion, so that the thread can continue on topic and be....constructive.

I was being constructive.

If people want theme videos I don't have an issue, as long as it can be disabled as per the theme audios.

Only expressing an opinion, then loads of grief :rolleyes:

The good thing about the Emby community, is that we can disagree about things and still stay friends.

:)

cbdudek

I will say this much.  I scour the forums looking for interesting topics to chime in on.  Not once have I seen a feature request that I thought it would be a good idea to jump into and say "Another option I would have to disable".  Sure, there are some requests that I disagree with, but just because I don't want it doesn't mean others don't want it.  Besides, a comment like that just irritates people.  However, if that is your thing to slip into threads of feature requests that you disagree with and leaving similar comments, by all means....proceed.  I have better things to do.

I do thank everyone here for keeping this thread bumped up.  It is my hope that we can get this feature down the road on Android devices.

CBers

Not much respect for long-term users, moderators or people's opinions around here lately :rolleyes:

I hope the option is added, as that is what people want, I just won't use it, so it will be disabled on my devices.