Missing images are causing the server to crash

Dave.Cox

Dave.Cox

I have several images missing on my server because the path to the drive where they were stored is no longer valid. I've tried to update these images, but every time I click edit to change the image, Emby just spins, and then the server and even linux just crashes. Is there a way I can update or delete these missing image paths?

(Sorry if this is a duplicate post. The first one doesn't seem to be here.)

Thanks.

Dave.Cox

OK, I've replied to this string twice now trying to provide this information, and every time I look back my post is missing. What is the deal?

Dave.Cox

I think I just spotted the problem. it appears according to the logs that the server is looking for the images in "/var/lib/emby-server/..." for example, "/var/lib/emby-server/root/default/Music/poster.jpg" and the files are now in "/var/lib/emby/", for example "/var/lib/emby-server/root/default/Music/poster.jpg". 

How or where can I change this setting. It appears that I can't do it in the application interface.

Adding symbolic link to the emby-server folder, fixed the problem.

Thanks, 

Dave

Edited by Dave.Cox

Thanks for the feedback. What happened  here is that it looks like you may have upgraded into our new install package from our legacy package, and there are some differences between the two. Glad this is sorted out. Thanks.

Dave.Cox

Now I seem to have a new problem that I hope you can help me with. I saw a notice that the server needed to be updated, so I ran the update. Ever since the update, the server will start, run for a minute or so and then exits. The following is what I get if I look at the service status:

● emby-server.service - Emby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device.
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2018-07-29 18:39:31 CDT; 22s ago
  Process: 4497 ExecStart=/opt/emby-server/bin/emby-server (code=exited, status=32)
 Main PID: 4497 (code=exited, status=32)

Jul 29 18:39:31 ASUS-pc emby-server[4497]: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport co
Jul 29 18:39:31 ASUS-pc emby-server[4497]:    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
Jul 29 18:39:31 ASUS-pc emby-server[4497]:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.Th
Jul 29 18:39:31 ASUS-pc emby-server[4497]:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.Ge
Jul 29 18:39:31 ASUS-pc emby-server[4497]:    at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transpor
Jul 29 18:39:31 ASUS-pc emby-server[4497]:    at System.Net.Security.SslState.ThrowIfExceptional()
Jul 29 18:39:31 ASUS-pc emby-server[4497]:    at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckThrow(Boolean authSucces
Jul 29 18:39:31 ASUS-pc systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=32/n/a
Jul 29 18:39:31 ASUS-pc systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jul 29 18:39:31 ASUS-pc systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Also, I put a copy of my latest logs here: 

I have no idea why the server keep failing, I hope you can provide some insight.

Thanks
Dave

That for some reason started coming up with the audiodb metadata provider. 3.5.2 has removed it for now while we look at it. Thanks.