EmbyCon - Remote connection issue

Tr00per13

Tr00per13

I'm having difficulty getting embycon to work with a LibreELEC install on a chromebox. I'm also using embycon on a PC install on kodi and an Nvidia shield install of kodi without issue.

The addon installs on the libreElec machine without issue, I'm installing from the official kodi repo. I entered the same server details, address, user I.D., password, on all three devices - the server is a family members I'm connecting to remotely. The PC and sheild connect without issue. The LibreElec machine just spins the circle trying to connect. Eventually it tells me it timed out or it says it failed to connect, I don't remember the actual wording, but it doesn't say wrong psswd or wrong user ID, it fails to connect the server?

Are there any known issues with openelec or libreelec installs?

Tr00per13

Are your other 2 devices (PC and Nvidia shield) on the same local network as your Emby Server or are they remote also? All 3 devices are in same house, on same local network, hooked to same TV.

Are you entering the correct remote IP or name of your Emby Server? Yes, same remote IP entered into the settings on all 3 boxes, only the libreelec box fails to connect.

Do you have your Emby Server set up correctly to accept remote connections? Yes, two of the three connect without issue, as well as my android phone and tablet.

Can you connect to your Emby Server from the remote location using the built in Emby Web Client? Yes web client, emby native apps, and even emby theater.

I really think it's something due to it being a chromebox running LibreElec. I'll keep tinkering with it. I might try the full emby addon, instead of embycon to see if it can connect to the server that way.

• 3 weeks later...
Tr00per13

I loaded LibreELEC onto a raspberry PI I had and embycon worked without issue.  That told me this issue was specific to my Chromebox or the install  - something I had changed somewhere in the settings at some point since I installed it last year.  Rather than go through every setting I just reset it and ta-da embycon works without issue now.  

Its actually a sweet set up now.  I'm using the actual emby add on to populate my personal emby server's content into kodi's native "movie" and "tv" show sections.  And the embycon add on to acess a server a friend is sharing with me.  All accessible from the main menu. 

So no idea what the setting was that was stopping my install from being able to connect to the remote server, but I'd say this is solved?