New Emby Install - How to Use?

bebop_man

bebop_man

So, I've got Emby installed on a server (Ubunti 16.04, running a few 'always on' tasks).  Media is stored on a set of NAS arrays (network hard drives).  Movies on one, TV Shows on another.

The Emby library seems to be set, as I can see my movies library from the Emby dashboard, and play movies on my android phone.

The Emby plugin is installed on my 1st Kodi box, server address and and credentials are entered.

I no longer have a TV or Movies option on my Home Screen  (Kodi 17.6 w/ Confluence skin).  I do have Video with Add-ons and Files as options.

So, what's the next step to actually playing media?  Do I need add a new source, or browse list to my media?  This is the part where all the instructions I've found stop.  Lots of tips for installing, next to zero for actually using.

sualfred

A little friendlier please.

Once you installed the Emby for Kodi addon, you will get a wizard dialog where you configure your login/server. After that the plugin starts to sync. If this is not the case -> Log.

bebop_man

My apologies.  I've gone through enough other forums that I try to included as much information as I can to start with.  

But my initial point still stands:  I've installed Emby, and I think I have it working.  I don't think anything is broken.

But how do I use it?

It's very intuitive on my phone.    

But on my Kodi device (which I've used in various formats for 6 or 7 years) I can't seem to find instructions on how to actually access my media.  That's the point I was asking about.

Once you installed the Emby for Kodi addon, you will get a wizard dialog where you configure your login/server. After that the plugin starts to sync. If this is not the case -> Log. 

Based on this i"m guessing you successfully logged in but the syncing process hasn't completed yet. @saulfred does that sound plausible?

bebop_man

I saw a progress bar go across the screen, but that's gone now.  No error messages appeared, so I assume nothing is obviously broken.

Back to my core question:  Where do I now look on Kodi to play my media?

sualfred

Go to addons -> Emby -> and perform a complete database reset.

Once this is done you have to restart Kodi. When you see the progress bar don't touch Kodi at all so nothing can interrupt the process.

After that you may have to restart Kodi/reload the skin. But this depends on your Kodi setup.

You don't have to add any media manually. The addon takes care of it.

If this still won't work we need a log/debug log of your Kodi installation. Without it it's just glass ball guessing.