Emby server

maxia270

maxia270

Hi there.

I'm providing internet service(PPPOE) in my Area using ethernet cable and ethernet switches.

Everything is working fine but i want to start a new service which will work as a media server.

I want to use my Pc as a server with 3tb or Hdd and windows 10 installed on it but it works only on my pc no other user on my network is able to access it. Can anybody please help how to setup a Complete working server setup using emby.

ThankYou

maxia270

I've tried by plugging the ethernet cable directly into the switch and Also tried this by plugging it in my router but both method didn't work for me.

Hi, you're saying it doesn't work on other devices inside your home network? What happens when you try to connect?

maxia270

I mean I'm using ethernet cable to provide internet to whole of my town using cat 6 ethernet cable and a network switch on every 60 meters .

I've plugging the ethernet cable of the server computer into the very first switch only i can access the emby server but the others cannot

maxia270

I wanna know how to setup a media server that will be accessible from all user of MY network i mean to whom I've provided the internet(PPPOE).

I want to plug the ethernet cable of the server into the switch rather than router.

Can it be possible?

maxia270

Well in Pakistan there is a lack of required expertise here so I need help from you guys.

I'm struggling with this from last 3 days but no fruit

maxia270

I'm providing internet in my town with ethernet cable in which I provide the user with pppoe username and password to access the internet.

I've plugged in the server computer into the switch from which I'm providing the ether ethernet cable to users.

maxia270

Well i would like to ask you for Personal message.

Please do contact me at mshahid2937916@.com

. Thankyou

Good day,

Sorry, last I used that on Cisco router from 25 years ago, I can not remember these issue any more.

My best

maegibbons

Guy

If you setup this pppoe configuration then you really should not be out of your depth here.

You need to test basic connectivity from client endpoints to your server.

It will end up being a routing or firewall issue.

Krs

Mark

jaspalgill

Dude, this isn't going to be something easy to diagnose..some sort of network diagram and the IP subnets involved would help.

I imagine the PPPoE part is working, so are you handing out IPs to the clients as part of PPP? What networks are you using? Are you injecting a default gateway? What subnet is your emby server on?

So many unknowns so far.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

maxia270

I've attached the ethernet cable from cpe and cable from server pc to the same network switch and plug the main ethernet cable also intobthe same switch to give access to the internet to users.

I've attached multiple network switch on the main wire to give connections to the users.

PPPOE username and password is required for individual user to access the internet.

Internet is fully accessible to the users but they're not able to access the Server

Yellow represents the Internet router

Pink represents the network switch.

post-331955-0-35539600-1532156254_thumb.jpg

maegibbons

Look - this is basic networking 101.

What are the frig**** IP details for your network?

Can you ping from one of the endpoints to your emby server?  You need to test your routing that the PPPoe addresses you are handing out to clients can ROUTE through your headend PPPOE SERVER to your emby box!!!!

We GET/UNDERSTAND you are providing internet over PPPOE.

If you setup this PPPOE network yourself you should KNOW all this.

Krs

Mark

maxia270

Well i personally set this setup up but I'm not familiar with these terminologies like how to ping the device from endpoint.

How to ping?

maegibbons

If you do not know how to ping when running a network then you need training!

Lookup Ping tool on google and learn

Also lookup "tracert" or "traceroute".

If you need remote consultancy then thats at £100 per hour or part thereof.

Krs

Mark

• Like 2

maegibbons

So what IP addresses is your PPPoe server handing out to YOUR clients?

What is the IP address of YOUR PPPOE server?

What is the IP address of YOUR emby server?

Krs

Mark

P.S. i wont ask again.

Edited by maegibbons

maxia270

I've tried my addresses to my emby server but no luck.

I don't know the i address of my pppoe server :P