not listing all the channels

Samboy08

Samboy08

Hi,

I have added my m3u and EPG XML from my iptv provider, I also use iptv android client apps and where I have 5 links for 1 channel in case 1 or 2 are down, there are 3 backups.

Well on the emby server it only shows 1 link for every channel when it should be 5 links for every channel. Any idea why it is doing this? When on the iptv client like iptv smarters and progtv it shows the 5 links for every channel.

I mainly use progtv and iptv smarters to watch live tv but i wanted to use emby to record but it's no good if it only shows 1 link for every channel.

Is there some sort of duplicate algorithm which automatically filters my channels to 1 link only? Because I want to be able to see all 5 links.

thanks

• Like 1

Hi, yes it filters duplicates. In the future we'll allow you to manage and control this. Thanks.

Samboy08

Any eta on this? Because it's the better quality channels that have been filtered out.

I have signed up for a month because I wanted to use emby for this reason only, if it is going to be over a month then I shall be getting PayPal to refund me my money and I will sign up again when you have changed the setting.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

maegibbons

Why dont you edit the m3u file and just keep the channels/streams you want?

I have multiples of the same channel and it seems ok if you assign them a different "channel-id" in the m3u.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

Samboy08

Na I want them all plus it's hassle going through the best ones and taking out the less better quality ones even when the better quality ones can sometimes go down so I can fall back on the less quality ones.

I'd rather sign up again when they have sorted it out, if it gets sorted out within the month I will just wait.

maegibbons

It wont get sorted winin a month.  Come back in six.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Na I want them all plus it's hassle going through the best ones and taking out the less better quality ones even when the better quality ones can sometimes go down so I can fall back on the less quality ones.

I'd rather sign up again when they have sorted it out, if it gets sorted out within the month I will just wait.

Sadly I think you'll be disappointed with any of the current software that can record from IPTV in this regard.

Problem is that there is no standard for this type of thing.

When yo finally get everything working just the way you want it's likely you could have to switch providers and have totally different requirements again due to the way the new provider does their implementation.

While software like Emby can add new features like what was just mentioned it's never going to be full proof or completely automatic.  IPTV is far different than conventional cable or OTA as far as recordings go.

A link that works fine today and is the best of 5 links might be the worst link to use tomorrow.  I've found that while I can have hundreds of IPTV channels I realistically only use about a dozen of them to record from in any given week.  Mine are mostly used for sports and this is season dependent.  I craft my own list of about a dozen channels and run a test every day to couple of days using VLC (doesn't take long to test a dozen channels) to make sure they work and aren't pixelated.

I also have a second server setup using different links as well and have my stuff set to record on both machines.  This way if one set of links has an issue I have a good chance of still having my recordings from the other server.

One thing is for sure, IPTV can be far more complex and much harder to get reliable recordings from but with a bit of hand holding can do a decent job.

YOU will need to stay actively involved in keeping it running unlike installing a cable card or OTA where it usually just works correctly from day one.

Spaceboy

Sadly I think you'll be disappointed with any of the current software that can record from IPTV in this regard.

When yo finally get everything working just the way you want it's likely you could have to switch providers and have totally different requirements again due to the way the new provider does their implementation.

While software like Emby can add new features like what was just mentioned it's never going to be full proof or completely automatic. IPTV is far different than conventional cable or OTA as far as recordings go.

A link that works fine today and is the best of 5 links might be the worst link to use tomorrow. I've found that while I can have hundreds of IPTV channels I realistically only use about a dozen of them to record from in any given week. Mine are mostly used for sports and this is season dependent. I craft my own list of about a dozen channels and run a test every day to couple of days using VLC (doesn't take long to test a dozen channels) to make sure they work and aren't pixelated.

I also have a second server setup using different links as well and have my stuff set to record on both machines. This way if one set of links has an issue I have a good chance of still having my recordings from the other server.

One thing is for sure, IPTV can be far more complex and much harder to get reliable recordings from but with a bit of hand holding can do a decent job.

YOU will need to stay actively involved in keeping it running unlike installing a cable card or OTA where it usually just works correctly from day one.

you are talking about publicly available iptv, we are using other sources

Samboy08

While software like Emby can add new features like what was just mentioned it's never going to be full proof or completely automatic. IPTV is far different than conventional cable or OTA as far as recordings go.

A link that works fine today and is the best of 5 links might be the worst link to use tomorrow. I've found that while I can have hundreds of IPTV channels I realistically only use about a dozen of them to record from in any given week. Mine are mostly used for sports and this is season dependent. I craft my own list of about a dozen channels and run a test every day to couple of days using VLC (doesn't take long to test a dozen channels) to make sure they work and aren't pixelated.

I also have a second server setup using different links as well and have my stuff set to record on both machines. This way if one set of links has an issue I have a good chance of still having my recordings from the other server.

You're right in one aspect but my iptv is very reliable and the links very rarely go down, once I have found one that is up on the day, it will usually stay up for that day so in my case if I wanted to record something, I would find the best link out of the 5 on the day then go through the tv guide to set the record for the show that I want recorded later on in the day.

I am confident with my iptv provider that the link won't go down on the day as I have thoroughly tested it over a long period of time and always get the same positive results.

• 8 months later...
hshah

Hi, yes it filters duplicates. In the future we'll allow you to manage and control this. Thanks.

Is there anything I can change on my end to prevent the filtering? What does it actually match on?

It wont get sorted winin a month.  Come back in six.

Krs

Mark

It's been more than 6  :P

• 3 weeks later...
alexpaton

If you use xteve, you can rename the channels, among other things.  Pass this to emby and everything should work fine.

• 1 year later...
coltonyyz

Hi, any update on this? One post above says to check back on this after 6 months... that was 2 years ago!  I have 2 providers, just in case one feed is bad. I also use an M3U online editor to change the titles of the channels to indicate US, UK, CA, etc., and still, Emby is only showing 458 of my channels, when I have 2000+.

2 hours ago, coltonyyz said:

Hi, any update on this? One post above says to check back on this after 6 months... that was 2 years ago!  I have 2 providers, just in case one feed is bad. I also use an M3U online editor to change the titles of the channels to indicate US, UK, CA, etc., and still, Emby is only showing 458 of my channels, when I have 2000+.

Hi, yes coming soon so stay tuned. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

PLLLLEEEEASSSSEEEE fix this !!!

My m3u file has "NULL" for some tvg-id fields and Emby ignores all except one of them !!!

I have to pass my m3u through a script to assign a 'random' unused ID to get Emby to include the channel.

I REALLY want to LOVE Emby but there are just soooooo many little issues like this !!!

On 10/10/2020 at 12:37 AM, SteveDC said:

PLLLLEEEEASSSSEEEE fix this !!!

My m3u file has "NULL" for some tvg-id fields and Emby ignores all except one of them !!!

I have to pass my m3u through a script to assign a 'random' unused ID to get Emby to include the channel.

I REALLY want to LOVE Emby but there are just soooooo many little issues like this !!!

We are looking into improving it. Thanks for the feedback.

• 4 weeks later...
tchirou

Hi

Any news about this ? In my M3U, i have several streams for the same channels (SD/HD/FHD) but with the same tvg-id so Emby removes the duplicates and I end up only with the SD stream. Impossible to manually manage this as the streams are consistently modified by the provider.

Thanks a lot

Edited by tchirou

Hi, This should be resolved in the next version of Live TV currently in development.

For now you would need to pre-filter your channels to only allow the channel you want to use.

tchirou

I tried xteve but emby doesn’t play any streams coming from xteve unfortunately 

do you have a rough eta about the next version ? Are we talking around the end of the year or end of the first trimester or end of the first semester ?

thanks a lot

14 minutes ago, tchirou said:

do you have a rough eta about the next version ? Are we talking around the end of the year or end of the first trimester or end of the first semester ?

thanks a lot

Hi, you can play now whiteout having to wait on any next version. Let's look at an example. Please see how to report a media playback issue. Thanks !

41 minutes ago, tchirou said:

thanks a lot

I may be able to help you with this depending on your issue.  Can you send me a PM with the provider name of the m3u your using?