Emby becomes unstable when streaming live TV

frankw

frankw

I have very recently starting using emby for Live TV and am having some problems with the server becoming unresponsive when playing a live stream (m3u tuner). I'm streaming on a remote device using the emby Android TV app, I then try to access the Web UI using a browser and the whole thing stops (browser won't load and the streaming stops).

The only solution is to restart the server completely. Any ideas appreciated :)

Log.txt

Hi, we'll have a new release in the coming days, I'd like to wait and reevaluate this issue based on the new release, and then we can go from there. Please try this again once you have the update. Thanks !

maegibbons

In the meantime, lets rule out the obvious stuff.

Describe your server and network.

Krs

Mark

revengineer

Can't wait for the new release. m3u streaming has been a game of luck. Chance for success of recordings is 20%. Hopefully it will get better. Resilience to less than perfect streams has to be implemented in emby. I do not care if there is a 20 s gap in stream but simply giving up at first bump just sucks.

• Like 1

maegibbons

Can't wait for the new release. m3u streaming has been a game of luck. Chance for success of recordings is 20%. Hopefully it will get better. Resilience to less than perfect streams has to be implemented in emby. I do not care if there is a 20 s gap in stream but simply giving up at first bump just sucks.

Could not agree more. The birate needs to be monitored and if very low for a few secs or the stream is closed, it should be restarted in a -1 file.

Krs

Mark