Stream or Server Stopped after several hours - back to EPG

Cybergy

Cybergy

Yeah, I’m still not sold that either the FTV or Emby will pass the wife test. I’m saying, just use the harmony to turn in the TV, and click on the guide in the app but if that doesn’t work you may need to go upstairs and restart Emby and if that doesn’t work head back up and reboot the desktop entirely.

I see this becoming a regular thing. If I knew the provider was the issue I could switch but often the streams do work on the stb directly. Is Auto-looping not the auto restart you refer to?

I didn’t want to buy a quad core android just for Emby and terrarium since I already have an rpi for my local media. Haven’t found the sweet spot yet of reliability and cost. I think the FTV is likely going back to Amazon.

Edited by Cybergy

maegibbons

Actually the FTV iteself is fine and works well.

The FATV app is getting better but still has quirks.  The IPTV handling in emby server needs improving as I mentioned previously.

Krs

Mark

Cybergy

I agree Emby stream handling needs improving Mark.

I kicked the tires on NextPVR the past 2 days.  Had to pay $9 for an Android client (no way to try it otherwise) and it was only just released on Android - annnnnd it didn't work on 3 different boxes I might add (MyGica 1900 quad core, Dreamlink T1+, Fire Stick).  Also not much in the way of a support forum response.  NextPVR fail.

In my opinion Emby is much closer to being a solid and effective solution.  I think at this point Emby is the better IPTV server option to provide to multiple clients and also handle recording - if I can stop it from crashing...