MB3 Server And WHS 2011 Question (Specifically ServerWMC)

leebo

I have been running MB3 Server on my Win 7 WMC PC for the last three months, though I have not been able to try the Live TV feature yet. I had installed the ServerWMC plug in, as well as the stand alone ServerWMC program.

I recently assembled a Windows Home Server 2011, and decided to run MB3 Server on that machine, and remove it from my WMC PC. I kept the stand alone program install of ServerWMC  on the WMC machine however.

When I check the "Live TV" tab in MB3 Server (running on my WHS 2011 machine), there is an error that says:

Service: ServerWMC

Status: Unavailable (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [::1]:9080)

Refresh guide data fails also.

When I attempt to install the stand alone ServerWMC program (on the WHS 2011 machine), I get this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'ehRecObj, Version=6.1.0.0,

Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of it's dependencies.

The system cannot find the file specified.

Unrecoverable error. ServerWMC will terminate.

krustyreturns

Serverwmc needs to stay on the machine that has wmc (that's why you get the error).  When you moved mbs to a new machine, you need to change the settings in the serverwmc plugin in mbs to point to the ip or machine name of the serverwmc/wmc computer.

I guess it even says that on the Plug ins tab, after clicking on ServerWMC. But it's not super apparent to us non programming types (the way it's worded I mean).

You guys are awesome, especially for having tons of patience. Got it working in the web browser. Tomorrow I'll try out the new Roku app update!

• 2 months later...
rocketkarl

Sorry to latch on to this thread, but I'm getting the same error as above:

Could not load file or assembly 'ehRecObj, Version=6.1.0.0,

Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of it's dependencies.

The system cannot find the file specified.

Unrecoverable error. ServerWMC will terminate.

Unlike the original poster, I am installing on my Win Vista 32 bit HTPC, which I've been running WMC on for many years with dual tuners.  So WMC is completely configured on this same machine that is now also my new Media Browser server.  Hence trying to get serverWMC running there as well.

I've tried running as both admin and regular user, but keep getting that same error.  My only real change to WMC settings was to point the recordings to my T drive (internal SATA) which its agaii been running off for years.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions with getting serverWMC up and running!

KARL

rocketkarl

Thanks for the quick response.  I did wonder about that - just didn't see anything anywhere that confirmed.  Now I've got some tough choices to make!

KARL

krustyreturns

It says it on the download page of serverwmc.  Wmc went through some big changes in the vista years, that's when they started to use wtv instead of dvr-ms, the tv-pack, etc.  It's just easier to support 7 and up.  Maybe nextpvr will work with vista.