Sonarr Update Library

aahmyu
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

aahmyu

Hello, I have a really annoying issue. So when adding a tv show to sonarr I expect emby to refresh the library automatically and add the show based on the notification from sonarr. the thing is it doesnt work all and i have to trigger manual scan.

the only thing happens when i add a NEW show is this

2018-07-12 21:40:54.734 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/Library/Series/Updated?tvdbid=348706. UserAgent: Sonarr/2.0.0.5228 (windows 10.0.17134.0)
2018-07-12 21:40:54.751 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to ::1. Time: 17ms. http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/Library/Series/Updated?tvdbid=348706 

The same thing works fine with radarr

2018-07-12 20:35:24.954 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.1.7:8096/mediabrowser/Library/Movies/Updated?ImdbId=tt0264464. UserAgent: Radarr/0.2.0.1120 (Windows 6.2)
2018-07-12 20:35:24.971 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 192.168.1.7. Time: 17ms. http://192.168.1.7:8096/mediabrowser/Library/Movies/Updated?ImdbId=tt0264464 
2018-07-12 20:36:24.891 Info LibraryMonitor: Catch Me If You Can (2002) (\\************************) will be refreshed.

So the library monitor thing is not working with sonarr. maybe i missing something? i have real time monitor turned on and everything.

Edited by aahmyu

• Solution

Actually I think the problem is that they're notifying us based on tvdb id of a series that hasn't been scanned yet into your emby library. So there's no way for us to know where the series is.

This is actually our old notification api. We have a newer one where they would instead pass us the raw file path.

Would you mind helping out and opening tickets in their GitHub repos to switch? Link me to them and then I'll jump in and provide details. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
anubis81

Also curious if this was ever resolved. I'm looking to switch to Emby for my library management (coming from Kodi) so having timely library updates will be critical. 

Also curious if this was ever resolved. I'm looking to switch to Emby for my library management (coming from Kodi) so having timely library updates will be critical. 

Not sure exactly what you are looking for to be resolved here but our real time monitor function should handle this just fine (does for me).

• Like 1

What happened is we created a new api for notifications and Sonarr hasn't added support for this yet.

Stokkes

Hi @@ebr @@Luke

I'm running into this challenge moving from Plex. The real-time monitoring doesn't work for me, I'm thinking that's because I'm using Emby in a docker, which itself is in an LXC container on a very beefy linux box, so there are multiple layers of abstraction and guessing the inotify events don't make it through.

Does the API provide a way to tell Emby to scan a particular folder? I don't mind building a post-processing script for Sonarr to execute after a new episode is added to only scan that folder and not my entire TV show folder (which has 30,000 episodes).

My worry about triggering a full scan (which I've figured out how in the API) is that if I have multiple episodes being added within a short period of time, the scans may queue up or overlap, and not sure how Emby reacts to that (does it queue them, does is disregard a scan request when a current request is being processed?)

Any insight would be great.

The api provides a way to notify Emby of files that have been added, removed, or updated. The server will then use that information and react accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

We have submitted pull requests to both Sonarr and Radarr to help them update to the new library update API in Emby 4.0.

Have fun !

• Like 1

Not necessarily, but it helps for those using some kind of setup that the realtime monitor doesn't support.

• 1 year later...
Przemek

Hello, I install Sonarr on my Dietpi with Emby Server and I'm looking tutorial how to connect them to work together. It is possible that Sonarr will download episodes that I have in library or that I add to watchlist in Trakt.tv?

Regards Przemek

On 6/27/2020 at 6:37 AM, Przemek said:

Hello, I install Sonarr on my Dietpi with Emby Server and I'm looking tutorial how to connect them to work together. It is possible that Sonarr will download episodes that I have in library or that I add to watchlist in Trakt.tv?

Regards Przemek

Hi, I'd probably suggest asking this in the Sonarr community. I don't know if it has a trakt integration feature (it might).

Przemek
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, I'd probably suggest asking this in the Sonarr community. I don't know if it has a trakt integration feature (it might).

Hi, thank You for answer. Do You know maybe some other way to auto download episodes and movies to my Emby server when I add one in trakt.tv?

Regards Przemek

4 hours ago, Przemek said:

Hi, thank You for answer. Do You know maybe some other way to auto download episodes and movies to my Emby server when I add one in trakt.tv?

Regards Przemek

Sorry, no.  We do not know of any legal sources for doing this.

Przemek
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Sorry, no.  We do not know of any legal sources for doing this.

OK, thanks for help.