Roku - Stats for Nerds

Erik

Erik

Hi,

Currently, the Roku Emby App shows "Direct" or "Trans" but i often have to also open a log to see what its actually doing. I use it in Emby Theater and the IOS app frequently when setting up new systems or adding components to verify everything is working as expected and of course I like checking the "Nerd" stuff..; so, just an official request to bring it to the Roku App at some point.

Thanks,

Erik

SikSlayer

It does have this feature already.

I think you may have to enable it in options to even have it accessible, not 100% sure on that though.

Erik

Thanks, but I have already enabled the "Show Extended Playback Info" and that's where it says "Direct" or "Trans"... even the setting menu on the Roku says "more to come" but when i searched through the forum I couldn't find a request for it so, hence the request.

Erik

SikSlayer

I won't have access to a Roku to test and remember WHERE it is, but for sure, Stats for Nerds is there. In fact, I found a bug the other day that I forgot to post about. I'll make sure to address both this weekend.

Erik

Thanks @@SikSlayer, I went looking for it (Beta Version 3.0.88) and can't find it anywhere...so once you have time to find it, please let me know where it is.

Erik

snodrog742

Might be under Debug Options in Settings.  Let me know if you find it. I'd be curious to see.

Erik

Under settings the only options i can see are:

"Show Extended Playback Info" = Displays "Direct" or "Trans" below the seek bar during playback

and

"Enable Debug Options" = I believe is just additional logging and also displays the "Send Log" option on the main screen

I'm looking to be able to see the details available in IOS/Theater like what format the video/audio are and their respective Bitrate and such.

Hi.  This is not in this app yet.

It will get there it is just lower on the list because Roku users are usually more "keep it simple" type folks :).

• Like 1

Erik

@@ebr that hurts...Haha

It is the perfect device for my young kids and my wife however, so I agree with stable function prior to extra features.

Thanks.

SikSlayer

@@Erik I’m sorry but it seems I’ve confused the Roku and Android TV versions of the app the latter had the feature, the former does not. My applogies for getting your hopes up that this was just a bug, but at least it’ll get added eventually.

Speaking of bugs, I’ll post about the actual bug I found in the Android TV section later today.