Error loop when playing music

jason.atwood
Go to solution Solved by jason.atwood,

jason.atwood

Just setup Emby server on Mac OS and accessing it via Firefox web app. I try to play music and I get this endless error loop. I'm not sure what's causing the initial error, but I'm more concerned about the bug that this error just pops up endlessly. I have to close my browser window and re-visit Emby to get it to stop.

I attached a screen cap

emby_problem.mov

Edited by jason.atwood

2018-07-11 12:15:18.987 Error App: Error in ffprobe
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.4.1.0
	Command line: /private/var/folders/yn/7_72f95s3415thqvkn_rqvrc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F6C5570F-20B0-4F30-9C31-D878A589CB47/d/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll /private/var/folders/yn/7_72f95s3415thqvkn_rqvrc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F6C5570F-20B0-4F30-9C31-D878A589CB47/d/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll -psn_0_2048500 -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Unix 17.6.0.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /Users/jasonatwood/emby-server
	Application directory: /private/var/folders/yn/7_72f95s3415thqvkn_rqvrc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F6C5570F-20B0-4F30-9C31-D878A589CB47/d/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS
	System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Permission denied
	   at Interop.Sys.ForkAndExecProcess(String filename, String[] argv, String[] envp, String cwd, Boolean redirectStdin, Boolean redirectStdout, Boolean redirectStderr, Int32& lpChildPid, Int32& stdinFd, Int32& stdoutFd, Int32& stderrFd)

We're unable to launch our included ffprobe and ffmpeg executables. Do you have any security settings configured on your Mac that might be causing that?

jason.atwood

I don't think so. What type of security settings are you thinking about? Do you mean user permissions?

• Solution
jason.atwood

Never mind. I fixed it. When I unzipped the install .zip, the application just stayed where it was unzipped (in my case in /Downloads). I "uninstalled" by dragging to the trash can, re-unzipped, dragged app to /Applications and re-setup server. Now music is playing just fine.

Ah got it ok. So you never dragged it to Applications. Others have reported this as well, now that finally explains it.