Issues w/ Live TV on Roku

grizgza

grizgza

I'm new to Media Browser and just set everything up this morning when I saw the Roku channel now offers Live TV functionality, which is awesome!

However, I'm not having any luck getting it to work on the Roku yet. 

- Media Browser server is setup and running

- I have the latest version of ServerWMC running and connected to Windows Media Center and my tuners

- The ServerWMC plugin is downloaded and running in Media Browser

- It appears to be successfully connecting to ServerWMC and getting guide/channel information

- I can watch Live TV OK in Media Browser through the web client

When I choose a channel on the Roku it crashes. When I choose a program it hangs on loading, then kicks back to the menu. It appears that ServerWMC is streaming the first program I chose, but stuck on it until I restarted Media Browser.

What logs should I post here to help troubleshoot?

Don't know if it matters but I'm using Windows 7 64bit and the Roku 2 XS.

Edited by grizgza

gcw07

The server log and the ffmpeg log. Both clean if you can. Basically go in, delete all the logs in the server folder, then start up the Roku client and try doing what your doing. That will give us some clean logs to look at and try to figure out what is going on.

Just making sure. These channels are not copy protected right. I know my setup won't playback certain channels because of that.

grizgza

I went to go create some clean logs, and wouldn't you know it... it started working! I was able to stream a program and browse a channel. I didn't change anything but like you said, ServerWMC is just kind of hit or miss I guess.

I will post back if I run into more issues.

grizgza

This is really, really awesome by the way. Live TV was the missing link for the Roku as a full featured media center. Great work!

• Like 1

gcw07

Thanks. BTW neat hidden feature on the tv listings. Pressing FF or RW will skip forward or backwards a day.

Edited by gcw07
  • Like 1

pd veeps

I was having the same issues yesterday. They roku would just freeze up when trying to watch live tv. This morning it seems to work fine. I'm ruining a roku3 via wifi. It does take a few to load a channel which could get annoying. Maybe adding a wired ethernet connection to the roku will help. Either way, great addition to the roku app. Great work!