Emby for WMC opens to a black screen

Mbedford
Go to solution Solved by Mbedford,

Mbedford

I install the latest stable release of Emby for WMC, the icon appears on WMC. When I open it, it just goes to an empty black screen.?!?!

Emby in Chrome and Emby Theater both work ok.

Don't know if this affects it, but I have to run WMC from C:\program files\ehome instead of the c:\windows\ehome

I am running latest versions of Windows 10 64 bit, WMC 8.8.1, Emby server and Emby for WMC

Please help?

You're trying to run Windows Media Center on Windows 10? Most people who have tried that have seen enough problems that they end up going back to Windows 7, if WMC is what they're really wanting.

Mbedford

Hi, WMC is very good when its working, it works well, just Emby for WMC just goes to a black screen when you launch it inside WMC. I have just done a reinstall of Emby for WMC and tried to open it to generate some errors in the logs. I have uploaded the logs if you can help diagnose please?

MBClassic-9720189c412e5b919845d0a4199dbfd52119ce.log

MBClassic-9720184ce563261e0c49cdb50b69c32ec1c6f4.log

MBClassic-Msi.log

do you have a saved ip address configured in the app that is no longer valid?

http://10.1.1.54:8096

Yeah, that may be it and you are simply killing the app before  it has a chance to time out all its retries and show you a screen...

Mbedford

no i havnt set a IP. shouldnt this be set to 'localhost' somewhere?
where is this set for Emby for WMC? It is not an option in the 'Emby for WMC Configurator'

Edited by Mbedford

The "configurator" is nearly deprecated.  It is only used for setting up external players at this point.

All other configuration is done from within EMC.  Check the Advanced panel in the config screens (last one).

Mbedford

Yes I checked all sections in Emby server , there are no options set to specify an IP address, everthing is default in these options.

Emby server and Emby for WMC are running on the same Windows 10 PC.

You would configure this in Emby for WMC, although it sounds like you're not getting that far. We'll see what @@ebr thinks. Thanks.

• Solution
Mbedford

I left it for 60 secs and Emby for WMC came up. Went to advanced options and changed the serverIP setting from 'local server and the IP' to 'autodetect'.

Now Emby for WMC works straight away.

Thanks for your support.