Android TV - Please, add support for "resume playback" on "My List" channel

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

Now that Android Oreo is almost the "new normal" on Android TV devices, it would be great if Emby has support for "resume playback" from the "My List" channel, just like the Google Play Movies and TV app, in which I was watching a video and when I stopped playback, the thumbnail of that video was added automatically to that channel, so I can resume it directly from the home screen:

5b4123704bca1_Screenshot_20180707152321.

• Like 1

Makes sense.

The question then is, do we still include resumables in our default channel...

Richard Branches

Makes sense.

The question then is, do we still include resumables in our default channel...

I guess Emby default channel should display content we may want to watch later, so we can add it to the "my list" channel manually or launch it directly.

Edited by delacosta78

Richard Branches

I added the item manually from the "suggested" channel, then copied and pasted the words "Reanudar Reproducción" from the first screenshot, I really like the way it looks:

5b419270d5023_Screenshot_20180707231641.

BTW you can add any video to this list from within the app using the item context menu (menu button or long-press select on a poster).

Richard Branches

BTW you can add any video to this list from within the app using the item context menu (menu button or long-press select on a poster).

Yeah, I know, but I'm talking about the "resume playback" functionality by selecting the item directly from the home screen on this "My List" channel instead of the Emby channel, the idea of this channel is to have all the unfinished content from all apps centralized in one single place, and Emby should take advantage of it.

Yeah, I know, but I'm talking about the "resume playback" functionality by selecting the item directly from the home screen on this "My List" channel instead of the Emby channel, the idea of this channel is to have all the unfinished content from all apps centralized in one single place, and Emby should take advantage of it.

Yes, I understand.  I just wanted to make sure you knew that you could manually add any Emby video to that "My List" home screen channel.  It didn't have to be already on the device home screen.

Richard Branches

Yes, I understand.  I just wanted to make sure you knew that you could manually add any Emby video to that "My List" home screen channel.  It didn't have to be already on the device home screen.

Yes, I noticed that when the oreo update arrived, I think it's cool to add content from within the app.