Emby for Samsung Smart TV Updates

Luke

There have been some new app updates over the past week.

2017 BD Players - 1.0.40 released

2016 TVs - 1.0.42 released

2015 Orsay - 0.116 released

2014 TVs - 0.116 released

See our release notes topic for details:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31461-emby-for-samsung-status-release-notes-tizen-orsay/

Thanks.

• Like 1

Sammy

If version 1.0.42 is out for 2016 TV's can a release for 2017 TV's be close at hand? We've been waiting on Samsung for WAY TOO LONG!

• 3 weeks later...

There have been some additional releases we can announce:

2018 standard models - 1.0.42 on most, 1.0.40 on others

2017 standard models - 1.0.40

2017 Bluray players - 1.0.43

2016 Smart TVs - 1.0.43

2016 Bluray players - 0.118

2015 Orsay Smart TVs - 0.118

2014 Smart TVs - 0.118

Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

Hi Luke and ForstByte

I have a 2015 J series and I've been waiting for the 1.0.43 version for a while because of the subtitle fix. However, for the 2015 J series, the app is still in 1.0.39, which is still 3 releases behind. Is there a reason for this delay specifically in this model?

The releases get approved for different models at different paces, because we seem to get different testers from Samsung with each of them. Hopefully it will be updated soon. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

In this case, since it is 3 releases behind, should I expect a jump directly to the latest version when Samsung approves it, or will it first be updated to 1.0.40 and then to 1.0.42 and eventually to 1.0.43 after each review by Samsung?

FrostByte

They do not have to be done sequentually.  All 2015 Tizen TVs were being tested with 1.0.43 already

spiderfink

I have a Samsung 6 series 55 inch smart tv and can't figure out how to logon. I put in my local server host and the label server port number 8096 but it won't connect. Please tell me what I am doing wrong!

I have a Samsung 6 series 55 inch smart tv and can't figure out how to logon. I put in my local server host and the label server port number 8096 but it won't connect. Please tell me what I am doing wrong!

Hi, have you setup your own Emby Server?

Ok yes, you'll need to get that information from the owner of the server. Thanks.