Daily tv show naming not working

balasankarc
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

balasankarc

I have a collection of a local tv show that runs daily (on weekdays). Suppose it's name is "Something Else", the episodes are named in the following order

1. Somthing_Else_0001.mkv

2. Somthing_Else_0002.mkv

3. Somthing_Else_0003.mkv

I checked out https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming#by-date and saw that they could be handled if I name them in the following order

1. Somthing_Else_2015-12-14.mkv

2. Somthing_Else_2015-12-15.mkv

3. Somthing_Else_2015-12-16.mkv

However, when I tried that, Emby collected all of them inside an "Unknown Season" season.

How do I inform Emby that there is no concept of "Seasons" with this show, but only a sequential list of episodes ?

balasankarc

Personally I would prefer if Emby had another format for denoting shows with sequential episodes. Similar to sXXeYY, format for shows in season-episode format, have #xxxx for shows with sequential episodes (ones without the concept of seasons).

Happy2Play

Do you have specific examples as I just tested with a daily soap and everything worked fine.  Are these shows on TVDB?

5b3f81f50a412_test.jpg

5b3f827fa110e_series.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

balasankarc
Are these shows on TVDB?

No, since this is one in a regional language in India. It is in themoviedb and imdb, though.

PS: I am yet to figure out how to add it to tvdb.

Happy2Play

No, since this is one in a regional language in India. It is in themoviedb and imdb, though.

PS: I am yet to figure out how to add it to tvdb.

Can you provide a specific example I can test with?

Spaceboy

Do you have specific examples as I just tested with a daily soap and everything worked fine. Are these shows on TVDB?

5b3f81f50a412_test.jpg

5b3f827fa110e_series.jpg

already been done h2p, I’ll find the thread

Happy2Play

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6650508/

Available in youtube at the playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo6nvUgrCYlxgru7yILYCUIiRhoUvAT4V (Uploaded by the TV channel themselves. Not pirated or anything)

Emby will never use IMDB directly, but there is no information on provider sites.  With this example you will have to provide all metadata.

IMDB 2 episodes

TMDB 1 episode

TVDB not listed.

Happy2Play

@@balasankarc

Unless you plan on adding all these episode to TMDB or TVDB I would place all of them in a Season 1 folder (as IMDB and TMDB list as Season 1) and on the Series select edit metadata and change "Display order:" to Absolute.  You can use whatever sequential naming scheme you like as there is currently no real metadata provider.  But if the series was full added you would want to name accordingly.  example "Uppum Mulakum 429" (set to Absolute)

5b3f90ed00773_test2.jpg

5b3f9103d55d8_test.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

• Solution

@@balasankarc

Currently in Emby there is always a season layer in the presentation, so you will always see a season folder.

If there truly is no internet metadata available, then we should probably find something better to say than "Season Unknown". We can probably have them all just say Season 1.

That's in the short term at least. Longer term we should obviously not display the season folder at all when it's not needed, that's just going to take a bit more work.

Please let me know if this answers your questions in this topic. Thanks.

• Like 1

balasankarc

Currently in Emby there is always a season layer in the presentation, so you will always see a season folder.

@@Luke If we could mention this in the wiki, it would be great.

That's in the short term at least. Longer term we should obviously not display the season folder at all when it's not needed, that's just going to take a bit more work.

Agreed.

Please let me know if this answers your questions in this topic. Thanks.

Kinda. It clears my doubt of why a "Season" appears where it shouldn't. I'll go ahead and mark this as solved.

Thanks everyone for the help.