[LIVE] Emby with Alexa skill

Angelblue05

learch74
On 7/5/2022 at 9:08 PM, cayars said:

I believe you can say "tune in channel..." and it should work. For example, "tune in channel ABC" or "tune in channel Hallmark" or "tune in channel Fox News"

A lot of the commands are documented here:
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001160798-amazon-alexa

Thank you for this.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.   I use the command "Alexa, M B Home" and then in the Emby screen I say "tune in channel space"   I made sure the channel name is actually "Space" in the channel details.  I also tried "Tune In Channel Crave". I'm using a Firecube, and I get the Emby Home Alexa launcher screen, the blue bar as Alexa listens to what I say.   But as soon as I complete the command I just get silence and it stays on the black Emby Alexa screen.   

I can play a movie with the command "Play Movie Scarry Movie 5" and Emby will play the movie.  So the Emby skill is working.  Do live tv commands just not work on the Firecube? @cayars

Wait, are you doing this through an Alexa or Echo device or your cube?  If you have a dedicated Alexa or echo try that.  If not try installing Alexa on your phone which is nice to have as well especially for testing.

This will help clarify if it's a "cube" issue or not.  I've seen some differences in using "Alexa" on media devices and TV vs phone/echo/Alexa devices.

If you have cable try a channel such as "CNN", "Fox News", "MSNBC" (pick your poison) or try "Hallmark Channel" just to see if you get different results as well.

It sounds like you're close with movies working correctly.