Sync fails for some files

Saviq

Saviq

Hi all,

I've been using emby for a while now and one of my use cases was transferring music onto my phone. Since upgrading to 3.4.1.0 some of the files no longer transfer. They just remain "Transferring" in the Sync view and show up in the sync notification on Android in a loop. It's always the same files (some 20 out of 3000) as if the server couldn't read them.

The only error I could find:

2018-07-05 09:01:34.049 Error App: Error sending web socket message SyncJobs
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 3.4.1.0
        Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
        Operating system: Unix 3.14.1.64
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        User Interactive: True
        Processor count: 24
        Program data path: /var/lib/emby
        Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
        System.FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
           at System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException)
           at System.Guid.TryParseGuidWithNoStyle(String guidString, GuidResult& result)
           at System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result)
           at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.GetUserById(String id)
           at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncRepository.GetJobs(SyncJobQuery query)
           at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncManager.GetJobs(SyncJobQuery query)
           at Emby.Server.Sync.Api.SyncJobsWebSocketListener.GetDataToSend(WebSocketListenerState state, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.BasePeriodicWebSocketListener`2.<SendData>d__18.MoveNext()
        System.FormatException
           at System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException)
           at System.Guid.TryParseGuidWithNoStyle(String guidString, GuidResult& result)
           at System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result)
           at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.GetUserById(String id)
           at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncRepository.GetJobs(SyncJobQuery query)
           at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncManager.GetJobs(SyncJobQuery query)
           at Emby.Server.Sync.Api.SyncJobsWebSocketListener.GetDataToSend(WebSocketListenerState state, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.BasePeriodicWebSocketListener`2.<SendData>d__18.MoveNext()
Any idea what could be happening? The files do have the "+" character in their name, some also have quotes, but other files like that sync fine.

Where do I look for clues?

Thanks!

post-328727-0-36054000-1530774571_thumb.png

Hi, this will only affect notification messages from server to app. It won't impact your ability to sync. Please attach the complete emby server log. thanks.

Saviq

I've upgraded to the beta Android app for the moment and am waiting for the transfer to reach the 99% again. Will report back.