1.0.8 Remote control change?

Nic0wyN

Nic0wyN

Hi,

Before i do update 1.0.8 (and regret :/) the controls on my remote to change channels was for play / pause and now it's for back / fast forward, it was perfect before because with these commande, can play/pause

without the status bar appears (with the movie poster, the time remaining ect ....), On Oled TV, there is a risk of image retention and burn in if we display the same things too often and often do several things at once, I often pause the movie or serie tv that I watch.
Can you go back to old control please, or how can i downgrade my version to go back to 1.0.7 please?

Edited by Nic0wyN

Hi, can you please describe this in more detail?

You're saying you want to use the channel up/down buttons to play and pause?

Nic0wyN

Yes, like it was before 1.0.8

There is a way to downgrade application to 1.0.7 please ?

Edited by Nic0wyN

Not that I'm aware of. Does the LG app store have a mechanism for you to roll back? I don't think they do.

I think for most people the new behavior is best. Is this really a big issue? When you use the regular buttons the osd will go away in four seconds.

muppets4

Not that I'm aware of. Does the LG app store have a mechanism for you to roll back? I don't think they do.

I think for most people the new behavior is best. Is this really a big issue? When you use the regular buttons the osd will go away in four seconds.

The question is if the OSD also dissapears when paused. I would like to know this before updating (also OLED)

Edited by muppets4

Nic0wyN

Yes, the OSD dissapear. But im pissed, now each time i pause, OSD appear, okay it dissapear fast (few seconds) but each time OSD appear when i pause, it's a risk with oled tv to display same image multiple times to have an image retention or worse a burn in.

Before when i pause with channel down buttons, OSD don't appear. Better for me. Apparently if you think it's better for all customer that means that you will not go back so I'm fucked: / I should not have done this update ... next time, it would be nice to clearly put your changes on a patch note that you post in same time as the arrival of the update (with ALL changes).

I think i can install application by myself, if you could share the APK 1.0.7 of Emby, I could maybe go back to this version.

Hope you can help me. thanks in advance!

Sorry at this point we're not distributing side loadable versions. I think it would require you to put the TV in developer mode anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Nic0wyN

And now... i don't know if the new update of emby server is the cause but, now i have no fast reverse/forward, on movie i have use it before. With controller or click on OSD. Not working.

Please, there is a lot of complain about your new version on LG TV, so c'mon please, downgrade to 1.0.7, the new version is really painful, please !

• 2 weeks later...