No auto refresh rate on AppleTV4k?

sylvio2000

sylvio2000

Hi.

I am absolutely new to Apple and found some problems with the emby client.

1. On FireTV there was an option in the settings to adjust the refresh rate. I cannot find it an AppleTV. I already activated in the settings of AppleTV the adjust content option. In Netflix it works.

2. How do you fast forward and rewind with the Apple remote? If I swipe to the left or right nothing happens

3. If I already watched a bit of a movie and the want to resume it, I first click on resume and then I am asked if I want to resume or start from the beginning. That i a bit confusion. On AndroidTV there were two buttons for resuming and watching.

4. Many things are not translated into german (maybe I can help?)

e.g. "Resume Playing", "Start from Beginning", "Resume", "Favorite", "Watched", "Delete", "Select Audio or Subtitles"

1 - This is all handled automatically by the device - assuming the information is there in the media

2 - You can press either side of the touch pad to skip ahead or back.  To truly seek, you must pause first.  Once you do, you can swipe your way anywhere on the transport bar.

3 - This is just standard Apple player behavior.  If we provide a resume point, it asks that question.  This may be changed when we implement our new player.

4 - Yes, you can help.  See here.

Thanks!

sylvio2000

1 - Netlix changes the refreshrate automatically. So my ATV should be configured correct. Should it work with Emby ootb?

2 - OK, i will try

3 - Ok

4 - I try to help :)

• 3 months later...
sylvio2000

Hi.

When tvos 12.0 came out I freshly installed my AFTV4k. Everything cleared :)

Yesterday I installed emby client again to see if the automatic refreshrate works. But there is no difference. In Netflix and MrMC everything is fine, but Emby wont change the refreshrate.

Does this work for someone? What can I do?

I am using latest Version of Client and Server (Synology 418play)

Everbrave

Hi.

When tvos 12.0 came out I freshly installed my AFTV4k. Everything cleared :)

Yesterday I installed emby client again to see if the automatic refreshrate works. But there is no difference. In Netflix and MrMC everything is fine, but Emby wont change the refreshrate.

Does this work for someone? What can I do?

I am using latest Version of Client and Server (Synology 418play)

Probably, the server is transcoding; you can check that in the server dashboard. When the server transcodes, no frame-rate switching will take place.

Those PGS subs are marked as default and forced, correct?

If those are enabled, then the server will have to transcode to burn them in.

sylvio2000

Yes. Ok.

So there is nothing I can do? I think it will be better if the native player gets finished? :)

Edited by sylvio2000

We are using the native player now - that is the problem - it has very limited support.

We are working on using a different player library that should hopefully increase this support.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
queenbuzzo

Hey, has there been any movement in this matter? Right now Emby on my ATV is not usable and I have to use MrMC for proper refresh rate switching, but I really would prefer the Emby app. If this is still not considered for implementation, I think I need to switch over to Plex as there's no point in paying for Premiere anymore.

vdatanet

D-Day for the Emby app on the Apple TV, is expected around Christmas 2019 :rolleyes:

Christmas is coming  ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
vdatanet

Beta is in RC state, so release date may be near. To name just a few changes:

1) Native Player will be back, with frame rate and dynamic range match

2) Playback of HEVC content is very limited.

2) No changes on Live TV

Edited by vdatanet

• 1 month later...
vdatanet

another month has passed and nothing has happened? any news on this? How can I join the beta if possible?

Send a PM to @@ebr asking for a Testflight invitation. Remenber to provide your app store login mail.

• 1 month later...
queenbuzzo

Did that a while ago and never heard back. Anyways, cancelled premiere now and will move back to Plex for the time being.