Emby uploading photos through mobile data even when WiFi only is set

zapras

The photo upload feature will currently not care about the connection, although this is something that needs review for a future update. The download feature though will respect your setting.

neik

Ok, then this was probably the reason why I had such a huge amount of mobile data consumption by the Emby app.

You should add an information to it, warning the user that mobile data is used for upload.

Even better would be if you would make it respect the only WiFi setting, that's the only solution that really makes sense.

Add more options to the photo upload feature (e.g. selectable folder to upload) would also be very nice.

Thanks Luke.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The photo upload feature will currently not care about the connection,

Just to note, I experienced this early on and disabled Emby access to mobile data in AFWall and in Netguard (for non-rooted devices) which fixed this problem. Though now I can't stream on mobile data but I just use the offline sync feature to work around this. Not a solution but a simple work around.

We'll expand the upload settings in an upcoming update to the app. Thanks guys.

• 3 months later...

We'll expand the upload settings in an upcoming update to the app. Thanks guys.

Any idea on when this feature will be overhauled?

Just tested it yesterday again and the result is the same:

Emby still doesn't care if it is on mobile data or Wifi, it just keeps on uploading.

This could be a very nice feature to backup ones photos/videos directly to your person media center without having to care of doing it manually and on-top they would immediately be available on Emby.