HTTP Status code returned by the server was 500

patbowling

patbowling

Hello All,

Im a bit new at this I just installed emby server on my Mac computer and just started with adding a couple of files to test it on my computer, S8 phone and Smart TV.

However I am able to play all videos on both my mac and android phone but when I try on my Smart TV some wont play and I get error HTTP Status code returned by the server was 500

Im not sure why they wont play as they are mp4 videos, Im attaching the log file I got see if you guys could help me with it.

Thanks in advance.

error log Smart TV.txt

SamES

So is this a Samsung F series tv? Which app are you using? From the app store?

FrostByte

I'm not sure, it looks like it might be a bug in the community app. @@FrostByte are you able to reproduce?

I just played 2 tv shows with no problem using the same app/server versions as OP on my F8000. 

@patbowling you mentioned some videos don't play.  Could you post the mediainfo for one that doesn't play, better yet if you could post a small sample which doesn't play then we could take a look at it.  Thanks

patbowling

So I just noticed that when I open the server and try to look at the Media Info for the files that dont work on the TV the Media Info looks like Screenshot1 but if I play the videos for at least one second and then look at the Media Info again it looks like Screenshot2, however it doesnt matter how Media Info appears because still wont play on TV.

Im not sure how to post a small sample of the video as it is a 452.4MB file however I downloaded it from here: https://openload.co/f/j2xSy2CwpOo/

post-327197-0-42048500-1530707255_thumb.png

post-327197-0-43171600-1530707268_thumb.png

FrostByte

I clicked on that site and several pop ups came and wouldn't let me download.

Can you change the language of the audio to whatever it's supposed to be?  It's "und" right now. 

Can you try refreshing the item from the web app detail screen? See if that pulls in media info. Thanks.

patbowling

Im sorry Im really new at this so Im not sure how to change the language of the audio however I downloaded same video but instead of HD as SD and its showing the following Media Info but still not playing on Smart TV.

post-327197-0-21044900-1530713680_thumb.png

FrostByte

Is there a transcode log also?

How about the internal app log?  You can get that by going to Settings, then scrolling up to the top and over to the right where it says Log.  You can't save it, so you would have to take a picture with your phone or something

patbowling

I do have a internal app log, here is what its showing, also I do have a google drive do you want me to upload the video that its not playing in it?

post-327197-0-73717200-1530716366_thumb.jpg

post-327197-0-48932700-1530716376_thumb.jpg

post-327197-0-51476700-1530716386_thumb.jpg

post-327197-0-72241200-1530716396_thumb.jpg

FrostByte

I do have a google drive do you want me to upload the video that its not playing in it?

Yes, the smallest one you have would be great.  Thanks

patbowling

Thats weird I dont know why it wont play on my tv, it works on web player, android s8 but only not on tv

FrostByte

Can you post the mediainfo for a mp4 video that does play on your TV?  

patbowling

guys thanks a lot for the help, today I tested again and its now working, looks like since Emby was not getting the metadata automatically for the TV Show info that was affecting the playback on the TV, however today I renamed the files and the folder were I have them and it automatically obtained the metadata Info from IMDB and other sites and it is now playing fine on TV.

Thanks a lot for all the help!! 

• Like 1

FrostByte

Sounds good.  Ya, maybe Emby was still updating the info for that video when you tried if before.