some observations and thoughts

levander

Happy2Play

Do you think that pluggin has something to do with it?

It really depends on if you ever configured it?  Have you tested the issue since removing?

levander

I just opened the settings once and didn’t touch anything. Then I uninstalled it immediately. Issue was present before I did that and after I uninstalled it.

levander

Last thing I did I was testing genre adding in another library. I added 2 different genres to same movie. One of those appeared and another one didn’t appear under Genres tab.

Happy2Play

Last thing I did I was testing genre adding in another library. I added 2 different genres to same movie. One of those appeared and another one didn’t appear under Genres tab.

Can you sent that log.

levander

I did that earlier. It should be among those I sent you. I used Hip-hop and R’n’B as genre names for Block Party movie. Hip-hop appeared as genre. The other one didn’t.

Happy2Play

@@Luke

Not sure if it is a timing issue, but I could somewhat reproduce this.  Adding a Genre you don't already have and refreshing the item at item level wouldn't update (updated item to show genre but selecting caused spinner and genre not populated via Genre), but preforming a library scan via the dashboard everything worked properly.

@@levander

Do you only see this on Genres that you don't already have in your library?

levander

This happens only to (most of) genres that are not scraped, that I add myself if that’s what you mean. (I always scan libraries from dashboard view.)

Happy2Play

Sorry no matter the genre I add to any content type, and perform a library scan it appear in media and genre and is selectable.

5b3ebe71cb74b_Genre.jpg

I didn't see anything in your logs maybe Luke will, but until your server indexes the new genre you will get spinning circle.

5b3ebe856b98b_genre2.jpg

levander

So do you suggest that I just click on genre and wait no matter how long for spinning to be over and it will be indexed then?

I can try that.

Happy2Play

So do you suggest that I just click on genre and wait no matter how long for spinning to be over and it will be indexed then?

I can try that.

If a library scan is not picking up the genre additions clicking on it will never provide anything.  But the issue is either specific to your setup or the OS as I don't see this on Windows after a library refresh.

Just have to wait and see if Luke has any ideas.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Unfortuantely i can't reproduce this. I think we should probably re-evaluate following the upcoming new release of the server. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
levander

Genres issue update @@Happy2Play @@Luke

It seems that all genres appeared after I used "scan all libraries" from dashboard (actually I haven't even clicked it but it automatically started after I added some folder to one of the libraries). I am not sure that this emby 3.5.0.0 related. Maybe you could test it on previous stable release and investigate this further in hope you will be able to pin down the problem/solution.

P.S.

I tested adding some genres after that and library scan wouldn't help showing the genre but "all libraries scan" worked! It seems somehow logical to try to use "scan all libraries" now.. :)

Edited by levander

Thanks for the feedback. In a future update we'll improve it so that the scan isn't needed after editing.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...