Shield subtitle problem

aahmyu

aahmyu

The log you posted had dvb subs.

True. I just checked. But my phone is direct playing the file and the shield used to do the same. So I don't think it's the issue. I think it would say subtitle format is not supported or something, here it says direct play failed.

True. I just checked. But my phone is direct playing the file and the shield used to do the same. So I don't think it's the issue. I think it would say subtitle format is not supported or something, here it says direct play failed.

Your phone is using a different player and only requires stereo output.

Your log was quite strange as it appeared to be missing some lines from it.  I could not determine why it was reporting a playback failure because there was not one in the log.

But, once a transcode is required for any reason, then those subs would have to burn in so that may be what we saw.

Perhaps a clean test and log will show better info.

• 3 weeks later...
aahmyu

Hello, any updates on this? this is a really major problem for me. cant we try the mpv player for not live tv stuff too?

Thanks

Hello, any updates on this? this is a really major problem for me. cant we try the mpv player for not live tv stuff too?

Thanks

Hi.  We are waiting for the MPV implementation to stabilize on this platform as it would probably cause more trouble than solutions in its current state.

Thanks.

Hi.  We are waiting for the MPV implementation to stabilize on this platform as it would probably cause more trouble than solutions in its current state.

Thanks.

Too bad, How about forcing transcode then? transcoding will make sure the subtitles are positioned right. The transcoding output should be the same quality as the original of course you need to take into account x265 to x264 and x264 to x264.