Can't find local trailers or specials

josavvyy

lurch9366

I have never had an issue with box sets nesting. I just looked in settings within the wmc app. There is a checkbox that says "collapse movies" into collections. That was the key for me. 

lurch9366

Even with the "group items into collections" checked on the emby server web page it is not nesting. I created my collections using the web app and auto boxsets.  

lurch9366

Indeed. After re scanning it started nesting in the web app but not on wmc. Additional bug I see is on the web app some collections are now showing twice. When I right click on a movie and click add to collection all collections show twice. If I navigate to C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections    each collection is only displayed once. I will scan my library again and restart in the morning. 

You must have a second copy of that collection somewhere else.

The web app setting will never affect Emby for WMC. Emby for WMC will require updating, but unfortunately we can't do that without breaking themes so we may choose to leave it as it is.

shadetree

The web app setting will never affect Emby for WMC. Emby for WMC will require updating, but unfortunately we can't do that without breaking themes so we may choose to leave it as it is.

Breaking the themes in the WMC app?  Perhaps just one default fully funcinial WMC working theme is required.  It doesn't need to match all the rest of emby's appearances if that is the case.

As you had mentioned, Theater is a great replacement but in my case, my families of all ages use WMC for the simple stable familiarly. 

lurch9366

I have been unsuccessful in fixing the multiple box set bug. This started as soon as I installed the beta version for wmc testing. I have removed all boxsets from the "C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections" folder, re scan. down to one copy but location no longer valid when modifying metadata. Refreshed auto boxsets. it did not re create, Put them back in collections folder. and it was good until the next library scan then they went double again. When I edit metadata on the boxsets it shows the same location for both.  

• 3 weeks later...

Have you checked out earlier feedback in this topic?

I have been keeping up with this but the topic has really shifted toward collections. The only indication I have seen is when you said:

"I put in a hack for WMC, which i would have expected to resolve it. If that's not the case then this might not get resolved unfortunately."

I am not clear if this was for trailers, extras, collections or all. I have not heard any of the testers indicate trailers are back either. So I was asking to see where everyone is in testing. I unfortunately do not have a way to test the beta to contribute to the work, sorry. All help is appreciated.