LG Blu-Ray Player & NeoTV

arche

arche

I am currently using Plex Media Server for both my LG Blu-Ray Player and NeoTV. Both support DLNA but neither can locate the Media Browser 3 Server. I like the direction Media Browser 3 is going, hopefully these will get supported soon. Keep up the good work.

Below are the models.

Thanks

NeoTV Max NTV300SL

LG BD645 3D Blu-ray Disc Player

Thanks again.

Edited by nirvmedia
  • Like 1

arche

Just a heads up, the NeoTV Max (NTV300SL) does have a "play to" option. MB3 does see it, but once I try to play to it from the app or browser it gets a 500 error code. Once I get home, I will get the log files to display. I have been downloading the dev versions for testing purposes as I am still using plex for DLNA service. Again, just FYI.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
arche

Sorry for reviving a old thread, but was not sure if the latest DLNA fixes would help my NeoTV. Currently I can see the server and browse the movies/tv shows. But as soon as playing them it blinks for a sec and goes back to the library. I pulled this info off my NeoTV, could someone please help me either adjust the generic profile to work with this info or help me create a new profile from this info.

Thank you in advance. Please let me know if there is more info needed.

neotv.txt

arche

Guess I will ask again. I keep getting this error in the logs.

2014-08-05 21:09:56.1172 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.1.127. Response time: 24.0013 ms.
2014-08-05 21:09:56.1542 Debug - Dlna: Found matching device profile: BD-Player
2014-08-05 21:09:56.1542 Debug - UpnpContentDirectory: Received control request Browse
2014-08-05 21:09:56.1542 Error - UpnpContentDirectory: Error processing control request
One or more errors occurred.
System.AggregateException
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.ContentDirectory.ControlHandler.GetResult(String methodName, Headers methodParams)
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.Service.BaseControlHandler.ProcessControlRequestInternal(ControlRequest request)
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.Service.BaseControlHandler.ProcessControlRequest(ControlRequest request)
InnerException: System.InvalidCastException
Unable to cast object of type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Audio.Audio' to type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder'.
  at MediaBrowser.Dlna.ContentDirectory.ControlHandler.<HandleBrowse>d__4.MoveNext()

At this point, I am not sure what to do since I can't get a answer after 5 months. Can someone please help me with this.

we've fixed a lot of devices but unfortunately it's hard when we don't have your devices on hand to test with. that's why dlna is very much a community project. there are lots of other threads where people have helped hunt down the problems which have led to fixes being added for their device. also, posting a log doesn't really help since i don't know what you did to get to that point. you might as well start over in terms of reporting the issue.

The particular error in your log will be resolved for the next release, but for the reasons stated above, that doesn't automatically mean your device is going to start working. but it might, so let us know.

arche

No problem, one issue I am seeing with the handshake saying "Device profile found" is that the User-Agent seems to be case sensitive in Netgears NeoTV case. If I do User-Agent in the http headers I get no profile found, but if I do USER-AGENT in the headers, it will find the profile. Does this make sense at all?

arche

I guess for archiving purposes and to help others, I have done a wireshark scan and this is were I am getting the Http Headers from.

GET /mediabrowser/dlna/fe7b3852bccf9dba28cbec2627d4147e/description.xml HTTP/1.1
HOST: 192.168.1.5
DATE: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 18:15:24 GMT
CONNECTION: Keep-Alive
USER-AGENT: IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
friendlyName.dlna.org: BD-Player

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
X-UA-Compatible: IE=Edge
Vary: Accept
X-Powered-By: ServiceStack/4.00 Win32NT/.NET
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Access-Control-Allow-Methods: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, OPTIONS
Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Content-Type, Authorization
Content-Type: text/xml
Server: Mono-HTTPAPI/1.0
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 18:15:24 GMT
Content-Length: 2644
Keep-Alive: timeout=15,max=100

<?xml version="1.0"?><root xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0" xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:device-1-0"><specVersion><major>1</major><minor>0</minor></specVersion><device><UDN>uuid:fe7b3852bccf9dba28cbec2627d4147e</UDN><dlna:X_DLNACAP></dlna:X_DLNACAP><dlna:X_DLNADOC xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:device-1-0">M-DMS-1.50</dlna:X_DLNADOC><dlna:X_DLNADOC xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:device-1-0">DMS-1.50</dlna:X_DLNADOC><friendlyName>Media Browser</friendlyName><deviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1</deviceType><manufacturer>Media Browser</manufacturer><manufacturerURL>http://mediabrowser.tv/</manufacturerURL><modelName>Media Browser</modelName><modelDescription>Media Browser</modelDescription><modelNumber>Media Browser</modelNumber><modelURL>http://mediabrowser.tv/</modelURL><serialNumber></serialNumber><iconList><icon><mimetype>image/png</mimetype><width>240</width><height>240</height><depth>24</depth><url>/mediabrowser/dlna/icons/logo240.png</url></icon><icon><mimetype>image/jpeg</mimetype><width>240</width><height>240</height><depth>24</depth><url>/mediabrowser/dlna/icons/logo240.jpg</url></icon><icon><mimetype>image/png</mimetype><width>120</width><height>120</height><depth>24</depth><url>/mediabrowser/dlna/icons/logo120.png</url></icon><icon><mimetype>image/jpeg</mimetype><width>120</width><height>120</height><depth>24</depth><url>/mediabrowser/dlna/icons/logo120.jpg</url></icon><icon><mimetype>image/png</mimetype><width>48</width><height>48</height><depth>24</depth><url>/mediabrowser/dlna/icons/logo48.png</url></icon><icon><mimetype>image/jpeg</mimetype><width>48</width><height>48</height><depth>24</depth><url>/mediabrowser/dlna/icons/logo48.jpg</url></icon></iconList><serviceList><service><serviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1</serviceType><serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ContentDirectory</serviceId><SCPDURL>/mediabrowser/dlna/contentdirectory/contentdirectory.xml</SCPDURL><controlURL>/mediabrowser/dlna/contentdirectory/fe7b3852bccf9dba28cbec2627d4147e/control</controlURL><eventSubURL>/mediabrowser/dlna/contentdirectory/fe7b3852bccf9dba28cbec2627d4147e/events</eventSubURL></service><service><serviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ConnectionManager:1</serviceType><serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ConnectionManager</serviceId><SCPDURL>/mediabrowser/dlna/connectionmanager/connectionmanager.xml</SCPDURL><controlURL>/mediabrowser/dlna/connectionmanager/fe7b3852bccf9dba28cbec2627d4147e/control</controlURL><eventSubURL>/mediabrowser/dlna/connectionmanager/fe7b3852bccf9dba28cbec2627d4147e/events</eventSubURL></service></serviceList></device></root>

arche

@@Luke you are a freakin rockstar, the latest dev made dlna work right away for me with NeoTV. The default profile had some missing formats for me, so I currently created a profile for NeoTV and seems to be working for all formats at the moment. Fast forward, Rewind, skip ahead 10mins at a time, etc. all seems to work fine for me with the modified profile.

• Like 1