Auto Organize Unable to Determine Series Name

jglazer63

jglazer63

It is scanning the folder:

m:\new tv\Nash Bridges\Season 1\S01E08.mkv

The series name is clearly there prior the the season 1 folder.   Am I doing something wrong?

jglazer63

Good idea Jack. I was excited a second... :(

5b3ad275444ad_snip.jpg

I should say that I'm using network URLs now (after lots of experimenting).  But makes no difference.   The "Load TV" folder is the source.  And yes, it is still local to the server.

Edited by jglazer63

What is the file name in the watch folder? the series name there needs to be a match for a series in your library, otherwise it won't auto-organize.

jglazer63

This is a brand new series I want to add.   There is no series like it in my library.  Do I need to create the matching folder first?

jglazer63

I created "Nash Bridges (1996)" folder under the target folder.  Exactly same results :(

jglazer63

Ok, enclosed is the log file.  I stopped the server, deleted the file, the restarted and did auto-organize so as not to send you a 20MB file :)

embyserver.txt

It looks like you're using auto-organize for a purpose it was not intended. This is your input file:

\\kodi\videos\load tv\Nash Bridges (1996)\Season 4\S04E04.mkv

The file name is missing the series name and that's why there is a problem. I think what you're trying to do is move or rename your existing content and auto-organize wasn't built to do that. 

What auto-organize IS built for is taking single files from a watch folder and moving them into your TV folder structure.

The primary issue is that the series name is not in the file name.

S04E04.mkv

While we are here I would just like to point out that the AutoOrganize plugin is a community addition, and contributions from new community members are welcome. The source code can be found here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.AutoOrganize

Thanks !

jglazer63

Yea I dug through part of the code.  Been teaching C# and VB for years.   Just hadn't had time to dig deep enough.

I was always under the impression that if you maintain a structure of

\series name\season 1\s01e01,.,,

\s01e02....

\...

\season 2\s02e01

and so on.  Its pretty redundant to name each individual file by series name.  The file name can be quite long:

Mad About You (1989) S01E04 - The one that Paul mad Jamie laugh.mp4

That's ridiculously long for a file name.

Yes for regular library features, but i think you're forgetting the purpose that auto-organize was designed for. It is designed to be a single folder where you dump random files and then have them automatically organize them into your existing TV folder structure. That is the use case it is designed to support. Of course it can be expanded to accommodate new use cases but this will require all new development.

Since your file structure is already "organized" you don't need auto organize.

Why don't you just add this location to your TV library?