Android app not playing subtitles on synced content

Archerofyail

Archerofyail

As the title says, the android app isn't playing subtitles on synced content. Subtitles work on non-synced stuff, and I went to where the file itself is stored and the file has the embedded subtitle track in it, and it works in a different media player. It also shows up as an option in the subtitle selection menu, but they just don't show up when selected.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Bazzu85

Using last beta from playstore, mkv file synced to device won't load subtitles..

Using external player does..

Bazzu85

3.5.3.0 stable..

Android 3.0.16

I think is only a emby android player problem because the synced file have the subs in it (mxplayer plays the file with sub without problems).

In emby player during play the sub is selected in option but the text isn't on screen

Edited by Bazzu85

Bazzu85

Sorry for stressing you, but why is an emby server problem and not a android app problem?

The issue is during offline playback of synced content on android device..

Thx

• 4 weeks later...
saitoh183

@@Luke

Im on the latest beta server (3.6.0.60) and Emby for android 3.0.21 and i synced a single anime episode. It gives me the choice of my subs but none of them show up when i play. Subs are embedded. I choice original file as sync option

• 1 month later...
songchenwen

Android TV Client won't show external subtitles. Android mobile won't show embedded subtitles for synced content. Now I have to keep both external and embedded subtitles with my videos. @@softworkz  @@Luke

Android mobile won't show embedded subtitles for synced content. Now I have to keep both external and embedded subtitles with my videos

This is resolved for the next app update, which will be soon. Thanks.

Android TV Client won't show external subtitles

We're very happy to help. Please open a topic in the android tv section and attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

songchenwen

This is resolved for the next app update, which will be soon. Thanks.

Thank you. Looking forward to the new update.

We're very happy to help. Please open a topic in the android tv section and attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

There is already another topic about this. Hope you also fix this soon.

songchenwen

Are you sure that's the same thing? That user never said the subtitles aren't showing.

It's the same thing. I'm sorry that I didn't recall it right yesterday. After testing again this morning, I remember that I merge subtitles with my mkv just to make my shield tv to direct play. No need to push to resolve this, because we can find an easy workaround.

And there is another mistake I made yesterday, which is that the Android mobile synced content bug is not related to external or embedded subtitles. It's just that one of my synced file can show external subtitles while others can't show any subtitle. I thought if I figured out the difference between the one working file and others I would be able to help you resolve the issue. But every difference I tested does not change the thing. Since you already have it resolved, I don't need to find the difference any more.

No no no...

To clarify: This thread is about displaying embedded subtitles of synced media files.

This issue has been resolved.

The other thread is about subtitle display on the Android TV app when playing server content.

That's a different app and a different media source and in no way related to this issue.

songchenwen

No no no...

To clarify: This thread is about displaying embedded subtitles of synced media files.

This issue has been resolved.

The other thread is about subtitle display on the Android TV app when playing server content.

That's a different app and a different media source and in no way related to this issue.

No, they are not related. But together they make me have to keep both the embedded and external subtitles, which really feels like a dirty workaround. Anyhow the Android mobile issue seems not related to where I put my subtitles. A fix is good. Now I can just keep the subtitles inside my mkvs. And after the new Android mobile release, all will be good.