TV Shows thetvdb ID's not being imported from the Emby server to Kodi all of a sudden?

djhifi

djhifi

I'm having some sort of problem with another thing, probably metadata related? Here it goes:

I use an addon KODI-side, to update ratings for movies and tv shows (this one:https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316342 )

All of a sudden, my KODI is only being able to update movies, not TV Shows. And I've pinpointed the source: It doesn't seem to be importing the "thetvdbID" via the addon. Is this possible?

This was working before but all of a sudden this started happening. I know it doesn't seem to be importing such "ID" because I can individually update the rating on a given TV Show, and when I pull the context menu on it says "thetvdb ID: None"

This doesn't happen with movies though, only TV Shows.

Wierd

I have centralized metadata server-side by the way. Can't understand what is going on :S

PS: Where does the emby for kodi addon actually store the IDs? in the "myvideo.db" file or?

Edited by djhifi

Angelblue05

Did you delete your original post or something, I could have sworn I replied already with, you can located the tvdb id in the myvideosxx.db , table tvshow_view, column uniqueid_value....

Nothing was changed in that area of the code for months. Mine are filled correctly. But let me know of your findings.

Edited by Angelblue05

djhifi

Did you delete your original post or something, I could have sworn I replied already with, you can located the tvdb id in the myvideosxx.db , table tvshow_view, column uniqueid_value....

Nothing was changed in that area of the code for months. Mine are filled correctly. But let me know of your findings.

It is on another post, I've decided to open a new topic since the issue is different from the other one.

Well I will check what you said but I really don't understand what is going on. I have the tables (IMDB ID, etc) working for movies but whenever I pull the context menu on TV Shows, they have nothing. ALTOUGH, server-side (Emby) everything is correctly scrapped and ID'ed.

The only thing that I changed was disabling "metadata savers" in the TV Shows on Emby Server but it shouldn't influence anything regarding Emby for Kodi addon sync, right?

EDIT: I didn't mention but it's easy to understand: I'm not actually having any errors displaying content in the Emby for Kodi addon. The issue is that TV Shows within kodi don't seem to have the IMDB/TVDB ID associated all of a sudden. At least that is what the addon on the first post I made, tells me. Which is why I cant update the IMDB ratings.

Edited by djhifi

djhifi

Just checked my .db file using DB Browser for SQLite, and "tvshow_view" shows no results!! I can only use "tvshows" table to check stuff but in there there is not "uniqueID". I dont know what is going on.

In the other hand checking "uniqueID" table, i can see that, among all the the movies (which are correct with IMDB id), the TV Shows dont have IDs. 

EDIT: Took print screen and edited and pasted in order for you to understand what I mean:

euxi6oK.png

.DB file is attached below altough I dont understand what is going on and don't think this can help but perhaps you can open "tvshow_view" unlike me

.DB file: https://ufile.io/qcpfy

Its compressed (19MB)

Edited by djhifi

Angelblue05

Yeah tvshow_view is somehow empty? tvshow_view is not an actual table. It just groups other tv shows tables together. Hummm I've honestly never seen this happen and I don't recall anyone reporting such an issue before now.

If I were you, I'd delete the db file and do a reset to see if it restores your setup to a working condition.

Edited by Angelblue05

djhifi

Yeah tvshow_view is somehow empty? tvshow_view is not an actual table. It just groups other tv shows tables together. Hummm I've honestly never seen this happen and I don't recall anyone reporting such an issue before now.

If I were you, I'd delete the db file and do a reset to see if it restores your setup to a working condition.

Will do it right now. Delete the .db file "myvideosxx.db" only? or others?

Angelblue05

Yeah. Just incase the db file is corrupted (since tvshow_view is empty when all other tables have info in them). Kodi will recreate the file, then you can do a reset yes/yes or no/no.

Edited by Angelblue05

djhifi

Yeah. Just incase the db file is corrupted (since tvshow_view is empty when all other tables have info in them). Kodi will recreate the file, then you can do a reset yes/yes or no/no.

yes/yes no/no?

You mean delete also the cache and the addon settings when i reset the database  or I just need to reset database and delete artwork cache?

Angelblue05

Just reset your database, I don't know if you want to reset your cache as well (yes or no) and no to deleting add-on settings.

Edit: Unknown value is normal. Honestly, it should be unknown everywhere. I compare to a regular Kodi database which they fill with "unknown" but the id is tvdb.

Edited by Angelblue05

djhifi

Just reset your database, I don't know if you want to reset your cache as well (yes or no) and no to deleting add-on settings.

Edit: Unknown value is normal. Honestly, it should be unknown everywhere. I compare to a regular Kodi database which they fill with "unknown" but the id is tvdb.

Ok so, I've updated the database by deleting "myvideosxx.db", running a database reset. I've also chosen YES/YES on both artwork and addon settings just in case. The scan finished but I'm still getting 0 tvdb entries when I pull the context menu on the IMDB Ratings Update Addon. In movies everything is fine. This is boggling even with that latest "EDIT" you've mentioned, since it seems that tvdb is not being imported by Emby for Kodi addon whatsoever.

Altough the new database scan finished OK, my SHIELD (KODI in this case) froze from a given moment until the end of the scan, but the log (i've controlled the progress of the scan using a PC) continued working/updating itself and the progress (movies and tv shows) completed sucessfully (and my KODI resumed working)

Checking the log, this is the moment where my KODI froze (altough the scan continued lol):

(...)

00:02:06.476 T:198754297072  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.movies -> ADD movie itemid: ede6ae3837f8910c2c3a085ee7f4fd82 - Title: Pollock

00:02:07.054 T:198754297072  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.movies -> ADD movie itemid: 099f699128f2134af652be84abc20cf6 - Title: Poltergeist

00:02:07.287 T:198754297072  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.movies -> ADD movie itemid: 9b0ff540c24d7040ce177b2d52190b1e - Title: Poltergeist

00:02:09.349 T:198404646128  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime

00:02:09.349 T:198404646128  NOTICE: Saving settings

00:02:09.355 T:198404646128  NOTICE: Saving skin settings

00:02:09.358 T:198754297072  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.movies -> ADD movie itemid: 768f9dc59ed8ca42acea4a2049e5bd50 - Title: Poltergeist II: The Other Side

00:02:09.363 T:198592939248  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Method: System.OnQuit Data: {"exitcode":0}

00:02:09.371 T:198404646128  NOTICE: stop all

00:02:09.490 T:198754297072  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.movies -> ADD movie itemid: 82b7c309f61514b7e15fa430af1586ec - Title: Poltergeist III        ---------- >  BUT IS HAS RESUMED AS YOU CAN SEE (altough my KODI froze until the end of the library scan)

00:02:09.613 T:198754297072  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.movies -> ADD movie itemid: 85080602412b4c80993bbbc4575db6c4 - Title: Pompeii

00:02:10.055 T:198754297072  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.movies -> ADD movie itemid: c1223a91b87ec3179f9c63e68bb174f0 - Title: Ponyo

(...)

(then it scanned TV shows with no errors and then the scan completed sucessfully and KODI resumed working)

1 - I don't know what is going on since I've checked Emby, and regarding TV Shows tvdb and even imdb IDs are individually scraped

2 - Can this be server related?

3 - The only .db file KODI-side that contains tvdb and imdb ID's is "myvideosxx.db"  or should I perhaps retry but this time also delete: textures.db and emby.db (kodi-side) ?

Im relying on a third-party addon (the one that updates ratings) to check if my Shows have or not tvdb IDs and it's showing as they being empty, is there any other tool to use within kodi to check this besides this addon?

EDIT: @@Angelblue05 I've been digging in the IMDB Ratings Update Addon forum thread as well and I've come up with this bug being reported about tvdb, can it be related? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333344

(Im asking altough I cannot see how would it be related since this seems a bug that would affect users that have KODI scrapping the .db not Emby Server.

Edited by djhifi

Angelblue05

Are you able to open tvshow_view now though? Does it have information in it or is it empty still?

Edited by Angelblue05

djhifi

Are you able to open tvshow_view now though? Does it have information in it or is it empty still?

I've just ran a "Repair Scan" on TV Shows and yes, now "tvshow_view" works. But I've also updated to the most recent

metadata.tvdb.com v3.0.6. 

I still cannot update the ratings using the Addon I mentioned in the original post but I think a database reset will fix that (will do that right now and report back). Curious to see if the progress also freezes my machine again (altough it continues the progress until the end).

Angelblue05

You could also try to edit the database directly. Change under uniqueID, select a tv show you know what it is (can match the id back to the tvshow_view). Change "unknown" to "tvdb" and see if it helps and save the changes. Obviously, when you do that, make sure there's no sync running.

Edited by Angelblue05

djhifi

You could also try to edit the database directly. Change under uniqueID, select a tv show you know what it is (can match the id back to the tvshow_view). Change "unknown" to "tvdb" and see if it helps and save the changes. Obviously, when you do that, make sure there's no sync running.

Still waiting for the database reset to finish to test before I test that suggestion and reporting back. But that seems tiresome (in case it works as a workaround) since I have....700+ TV Shows lol.

But is Emby for Kodi using metadata.tvdb.com addon? Cause something changed in the "myvideosXXX.db" after I updated to the latest version (you can see here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316342&pid=2748408#pid2748408)

Angelblue05

I meant that as a test. To see if that is the issue. If it is, then I'll change the behavior in the add-on. [emoji4]

No. The add-on only uses Emby metadata.

Edited by Angelblue05

djhifi

I meant that as a test. To see if that is the issue. If it is, then I'll change the behavior in the add-on. [emoji4]

Ok. Still waiting for the database reset to finish and test, before I test that other method. This is wierd nevertheless since the addon was working correctly. But i always appreciate seeing that you are willing to change the behavior. But what is able to be changed by the way? Cause as I see it, the addon is importing from the Emby.db located in my NAS and populating the "myvideosXXX.db" with the IDs, right? At least in movies everything is working correctly and Im able to update the ratings using the IMDB updater addon. 

Now "tvshows_view" is finally browsable but I still cannot see the IDs on my Kodi using the IMDB updater addon so, fingers crossed if the database reset fixes it.

The only 2 things I changed was: updating tvdb addon (altough you just confirmed its unrelated) and deleting myvideosXXX.db and I also deleted emby.db (both in kodi ofc).

The log (so far) is super clean.

Will report ASAP

djhifi

Running the database reset did not solve the issue. And myvideo.db is again not being able to open "tvshows_view". I dont know if it's related with the software I use to open the .db files or ...?

(Did you check the post where attached "myvideosxxx.db" yourself to check if you could open the "tvshows_view" ?)

Anyway I was able to pinpoint a Tv Show and changed from unknown to tvdb in the "uniqueid" table.

(i made a backup of "myvideos.db" of course)

3 things happen when I copy the edited .db file over to kodi:

1 - TV Shows in my KODI are now "0"

2 - This is showing up in the log:

04:34:23.908 T:198602314992   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos107.db] The database disk image is malformed

Query: select * from episode_view  WHERE ((episode_view.playCount IS NULL OR episode_view.playCount < 1))

04:34:23.908 T:198602314992   ERROR: GetEpisodesByWhere failed

04:34:24.312 T:198600242416   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos107.db] The database disk image is malformed

Query: select * from episode_view  WHERE ((episode_view.playCount IS NULL OR episode_view.playCount < 1))

04:34:24.312 T:198600242416   ERROR: GetEpisodesByWhere failed

04:34:24.819 T:198602314992   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos107.db] The database disk image is malformed

Query: SELECT * FROM tvshow_view  WHERE ( ((tvshow_view.watchedcount > 0 AND tvshow_view.watchedcount < tvshow_view.totalCount) OR (tvshow_view.watchedcount = 0 AND EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM episode_view WHERE episode_view.idShow = tvshow_view.idShow AND episode_view.resumeTimeInSeconds > 0))))

04:34:24.821 T:198602314992   ERROR: GetTvShowsByWhere failed

(It seems to be reporting bugs from other tables in the .db altough I made ZERO changes)

3 - Even with the backup file of "myvideos.db" shows are still 0 so I will make another database reset lol... :ph34r:

After this I will run the Ratings update addon with it's log and post here. Since the "database reset" throws 0 errors into the kodi log...

EDIT: I made a double post, sorry. This is giving me headaches :D

Edited by djhifi

Angelblue05

What the heck?

Yes I did, that's how I confirmed your db file was likely corrupted. Can you do a reset, but not run the other metadata add-ons, to confirm if the corruption is caused by Emby for Kodi (I highly doubt it)?

Edited by Angelblue05

djhifi

What the heck?

Yes I did, that's how I confirmed your db file was likely corrupted. Can you do a reset, but not run the other metadata add-ons, to confirm if the corruption is caused by Emby for Kodi (I highly doubt it)?

You lost me now (im doing a database reset by lool :D it takes 1 hour movies+shows combined so now you know :P), which metadata addons you want me to deactivate in my kodi? tvdb and what else? 

PS: I have super clean KODI. Besides the skin (which is AEON MQ7) and that IMDB Ratings Update (that is not even automatic, i manually execute when I wish) i have NOTHING else that can influence bugs besides kodi repo stuff automatically installed (and things from the skin of course)

EDIT: Altough the database reset is still ongoing I will attach the logfile of this current database reset for the sake of exclusion but, as you will see, it's super clean.

I will do it tomorrow since I wanna go to bed and be able to watch an episode :D

Edited by djhifi

Angelblue05

As soon as the resync is done. Back up the database.

You said previously you ran the imdb updater add-on. That one. Just to make sure it's not corrupting the database somehow. Something on your side must be causing this. You are the only user that ever reported such an issue. Finding that trigger is key. Something is causing the tvshow part of your database to not work anymore.

Edited by Angelblue05

djhifi

As soon as the resync is done. Back up the database.

You said previously you ran the imdb updater add-on. That one. Just to make sure it's not corrupting the database somehow. Something on your side must be causing this. You are the only user that ever reported such an issue. Finding that trigger is key. Something is causing the tvshow part of your database to not work anymore.

The tvshow part of my database IS WORKING. What is not working is the ratings update. But the way it is built (the addon) makes me think that the problem is actually something else (related to the tables in the .db)

With the last database resets I was not even running the addon per-se. Altough running it was how I knew something was wrong in the shows since they were not updating.

I was just using the context menu option (the addon adds one) over a given TV Show, and choosing to update the rating of it.

The addon then presents the table of IDs of the given item, IMDB, TVDB that I can even change if I want (none in this case, ofc) and also presents the option to "update" (where I then can choose TV Show only or episodes as well).

That table of IDs that prompts between these actions are all empty in TV Shows and this is how I know something is not working. But I will avoid using this right after this last resync finishes, makes sense and I didn't think of it to rule out that option. 

On this matter, are you 100% sure tvdb addon in KODI is not interacting with the .db in ANY WAY ? People were reporting scrapping bugs and they pushed a PR + fix anyway. Probably not even related anyway.

I will backup my .db as soon as the sync finishes but then what? Proceed to the same test regarding "unknown" to "tvdb" alteration?

I will also see if I can even open "tvshow_view"   :lol:

And yes, all of this is very strange and since I cannot live without it, I love to getting to the bottom of things to understand my system :)

Edited by djhifi

Angelblue05

Yes I am sure. There is no source added to Kodi for this exact reason. To avoid Kodi messing with the database added by the add-on of it's own accord.

Backup the database. Then first try to see if tvshow_view loads. If it does. Great. Check the uniqueid_value column. Is it filled? Yes? Next step would be to change one tvshow entry in the uniqueID table, from "unknown" to "tvdb". If tvshow_view still loads, then, test with your imdb updater add-on, context menu option for the tv show you just manually modified. See if it can then see the tvdb id.

Edited by Angelblue05

djhifi

Yes I am sure. There is no source added to Kodi for this exact reason. To avoid Kodi messing with the database added by the add-on of it's own accord.

Backup the database. Then first try to see if tvshow_view loads. If it does. Great. Check the uniqueid_value column. Is it filled? Yes? Next step would be to change one tvshow entry in the uniqueID table, from "unknown" to "tvdb". If tvshow_view still loads, then, test with your imdb updater add-on, context menu option for the tv show you just manually modified. See if it can then see the tvdb id.

I'm doing the database reset and will report back. I've deleted "myvideosxxx.db" and "emby.db" prior to resetting the database. When you mention the uniqueID alteration you mean i choose the unique ID table and change the value there, not on another table (that has uniqueID as well) right?  ----> Disregard this question.

I will run some tests with logs and provide everything here.

Edited by djhifi

djhifi

I've edited a huge post (that basically rendered the same outcome as yesterday) because something changed.

I can now finally see "tvshows_view", I've edited the "uniqueID" table and KODI now correctly shows the TV Shows when I paste the edited "myvideosXXX.db" AND the context menu of IMDB Ratings Update correctly shows tvdb ID!! Still not showing the IMDB ID but we are getting somewhere.

The only change in procedure regarding "myvideosXXX.db" i've altered was copying that fresh file AFTER closing KODI (when database reset finishes), reopening and THEN using my PC to then copy "myvideosXXX.db".

I've also made a run on IMDB Ratings addon prior to all this, in order to catch it's log (that shows nothing useful).

As I said, I never ran the addon before this, I only used the context menu and noticed no IDs were being shown.

You mentioned "changing the behavior" in the Emby for Kodi addon. Can you make that change and share it with me? At this time I think there is something going on with the Emby for KODI addon but I don't know what.

And the fact that I'm the only user reporting this is perhaps related to the fact that 90% of the users don't care for updating their TV Shows ratings? Because if it wasn't for this I wouldn't have found this "bug" is happening, since TV Shows are correctly displayed after a database reset.

Edited by djhifi