Shield ATV HDR

mamoel

CBers

Nope. Thanks.

The Exo update does not fix this.

Any further thoughts on this please Eric, as HDR is triggered fine in the Plex ATV app, so unless they have a forked version of exoplayer, then they're using the same as you are?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

What I'm very curious about, is why this is only applicable to the Shield? It plays on other Android TV devices with the Emby app. I never had any trouble with the MiBox. It's specific to shield. Is there just a glitch between ExoPlayer and shield?

• 3 weeks later...
CBers

Any updates on this please?

I'm still having to use the Plex ATV app to play my HDR content that the Emby ATV app won't play.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I can confirm findings since I am experiencing the same issue.  Cropped 4K will not play HDR10 while non-cropped will play full HDR10.

For now I am using an external player while this issue is sorted out.

• Like 1

CBers

Still no update @@ebr?

Is there anything you can do to look at the command and parameters you are pushing to EXOPLAYER as a workaround please, as there's obviously something awry somewhere?

Again,Plex plays back all of these "cropped" movies without issue, as do many other apps.

It's embarrassing when you show off Emby to friends and family, but have to use Plex when demonstrating (some) 4K playback.

Thanks.

• Like 2

I started this thread in July. I already gave up waiting for a solution. Google will never fix this (well...maybe by accident). That's why Kodi, Plex and all the other competitors are doing their own thing.

Jdiesel

I started this thread in July. I already gave up waiting for a solution. Google will never fix this (well...maybe by accident). That's why Kodi, Plex and all the other competitors are doing their own thing.

There was a new Shield TV update that was just released, fingers crossed that this might address this issue.

CBers

There was a new Shield TV update that was just released, fingers crossed that this might address this issue.

No, not fixed in Experience 7.2.

• Like 1

Jdiesel

No, not fixed in Experience 7.2.

Dang, not surprised though. It always sounded like more of an exoplayer issue anyways.

CBers

Yes that would be great, thanks.

Luke - any thoughts on this issue please? Any work around you can implement?

Thanks.

• Like 1

CBers

@@ebr will be testing doofus's sample. Thanks.

I think he already has, as I also posted a sample.

@@ebr is awaiting a fix in exoplayer, but Plex plays everything perfectly, as do other apps.

It's just the Emby ATV app not working correctly.

Thanks.

• Like 2

CBers

Any update please @@Luke, @@ebr?

Any work around possible?

Could we add a TAG to the "cropped" content and have the ATV app open it in an external player that will trigger HDR please?

Thanks.

• Like 2