"Clear artwork cache" seems to be duplicating my thumbnails folder rather than deleting and re-populating

djhifi

djhifi

Ok so I don't know if it's been reported before or not but I think that the function to clear artwork cache is actually duplicating all entries since my flash memory in the Nvidia Shield shrinks to 12mb after I select that function from the Emby for Kodi addon. Which then makes me have to completely delete the database and rebuild it Kodi-side.

Wasnt the "clear artwork cache" (when selected YES) be able to clear the existing one and re-sync it?

PS: I get no errors thrown into the log.

Angelblue05

Do you have the log line: Resetting all cache data first?

It's definitely supposed to delete the cache if you select that option.

djhifi

Do you have the log line: Resetting all cache data first?

It's definitely supposed to delete the cache if you select that option.

I will check that log line whenever I have the time.

Meanwhile I'm having some sort of problem with another thing, probably metadata related? Here it goes:

I use an addon KODI-side, to update ratings for movies and tv shows (this one: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316342).

All of a sudden, my KODI is only being able to update movies, not TV Shows. And I've pinpointed the source: It doesn't seem to be importing the "thetvdbID" via the addon. Is this possible?

This was working before but all of a sudden this started happening. I know it doesn't seem to be importing such "ID" because I can individually update the rating on a given TV Show, and when I pull the context menu on it says "thetvdb ID: None"

This doesn't happen with movies though, only TV Shows.

Wierd

I have centralized metadata server-side by the way. Can't understand what is going on :S

PS: Where does the emby for kodi addon actually store the IDs? in the "myvideo.db" file or?

Angelblue05

Yes. In the myvideosxx.db

You'll find it under tvshow_view / uniqueid_value

djhifi

Yes. In the myvideosxx.db

You'll find it under tvshow_view / uniqueid_value

When you mentioned "It's definitely supposed to delete the cache if you select that option. " this also refers to the "thumbnails" folder where the posters (images) are stored? Or the cache is actually a .db file?

I cannot seem to understand this because I think there was an option some versions ago, different from "delete the cache" i think it was "cache all artwork" or something? It has seemed to disappear.

Angelblue05

There's only one function. Cache all artwork. It is there when you launch the emby for kodi add-on.

When you run it, it will ask you if you want to reset the cache first. If you select yes, then it will delete content from the thumbnails folder and delete entries from textures13.db. Then will proceed to cache your artwork.

I'm testing right now to make sure it works correctly.

Edit: Works here.

Edited by Angelblue05

djhifi

There's only one function. Cache all artwork. It is there when you launch the emby for kodi add-on.

When you run it, it will ask you if you want to reset the cache first. If you select yes, then it will delete content from the thumbnails folder and delete entries from textures13.db. Then will proceed to cache your artwork.

I'm testing right now to make sure it works correctly.

Edit: Works here.

Thanks for the clarification. So the cache is actually the folders inside "Thumbnails" folder + textures12.db or just the entries in textures12.db?

PS: I have that library reset in progress that you recommended in the other post and so far everything is going fine (specially I've noticed Thumbnails folder was emptied and is being refilled). I will answer again after the library scan 

Angelblue05

The cache is both of those yes. The textures13.db contains the thumbnails name associated with the artwork path/urls. The thumbnails folder contains the cached artwork (their filenames are in the textures13.db).

Edited by Angelblue05