New style playlists Xbox UWP app

FrostByte
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

FrostByte

App version 1.1.211

The reformatted playlists makes it take a lot longer to start playing music when using controller/ keyboard.

The play, shuffle, etc buttons are now on the far right and the default location of cursor is in the top left of genre list so you have to scroll all the way over to the right stopping at each genre which makes starting a playlist take longer.  Previously, when opening a playlist the buttons were on the left and the playlist opened with the cursor on the first button "Play All" which made things quick and easy.

Steps

Start App

Scroll over to Playlists and open a music playlist

5b3670f1e37f5_playlist.jpg

• Like 2

Tremas

I agree this is a pain. As a workaround until there is a better solution, I found that you can navigate up to the search icon (first click) right to the user icon (second click) and then down to the play buttons (third click). It’s not the best but it is better than clicking through all the genres.

To be honest, I think the genres could be removed from the playlist view. Navigating to a genre from this screen seems like a real edge case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

FrostByte

The first track is what will be highlighted by default. Thanks.

Can you highlight one of the play buttons (Play All, Shuffle, etc) by default?  I would think most people would immediately scroll over there first to start playing music

• Like 1

FrostByte

True, but I prefer Shuffle on playlists so it would only be one click away if the default highlight were Play All instead :)

• Like 1

• Solution
FrostByte

Fixed in v212 released today.

First track is now the initial focus when opening a playlist and you no longer have to scroll through all the genres to get to the play buttons on the right side to choose shuffle, etc.  Thanks