Handling TVG-Shift for EPG shifting in m3u files

wearysky

wearysky

Is it possible to get support for a "tvg-shift" in m3u files, to shift EPG data by a certain number of hours for a given channel?

I'm using iptv-epg for my guide data, and they've got the ability to shift individual channels if the data is off for those channels only... But instead of updating the guide itself (which would require shifting the time for every single show on that channel), they just add it to the m3u file in the form of a new element. Example:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="RTEOne.ie" tvg-name="RTE One IE" tvg-logo="http://static.iptv-epg.com/ie/RTEOne.ie.png"tvg-chno="112" tvg-shift="-1" group-title="Ireland",RTE One

Seems like it would be a *fairly* easy change to make, I would think?

(Apologies if this has been asked before. Tried searching, but couldn't find anything)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
EODCrafter

Thanks @@Luke! Need this for 1 lousy channel, lol.

EDIT: I am happy to report that this works or my Guide data was off...either way the channel is fixed!

#EXTINF:0,channel-id="68.0" US: WE TV tvg-shift="+5"
Edited by EODCrafter

• 2 weeks later...
EODCrafter

@@mlcarson AFAIK It has not been implemented. I just refreshed the guide data after I put that in and it seemed like it fixed it to me when actually it just required a guide refresh. @@Luke was just being nice or putting me off with that comment to avoid future interaction.

Edited by EODCrafter