Cant playback iso files

Grobii

Grobii
Hi,

I am using the most recent stable version of Emby for Kodi and EmbyServer (unRAID Docker).

Settings should be mostly default but with DLNA disabled.

When i am trying to play .iso files the movie does not start with Playback mode on "Add-On", when I switch it to "Native" it works flawless.

I encounter this problem only with .iso files, .mkv files work without problems

I am currently at work so I cant supply the full log at the moment but here is what I remember.

The ServerLog said that the file "IsEligibleForDirectPlay = false" and "Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 40000000, max bitrate: 8000000"

So I had a short look at the Source Code and saw that this error gets raised in the IsAudioEligibleForDirectPlay method in the StreamBuilder class.

The MaxStaticBitrate of 8000000 bits gets set in the DeviceProfile class.

Now it seems like when the StreamBuilder wants to check if it is eligible for direct play the method GetBitrateForDirectPlayCheck returns the value of the current profile, which seems to be the DeviceProfile class instead of maybe the DefaultProfile which has a MaxStaticBitrate of 140000000?.

Now I have not tested it yet if it would play if I enable the DLNA server again. Because I assume the profile only gets switched when DLNA is enabled?

I also tried the options for "Play from HTTP instead of SMB" and switched the Video quality to the highest setting.

I am not quite sure if this is an Emby for Kodi bug or an EmbyServer bug so I hope its okay to post it here.

If needed I am gonna test some more, provide a full log, and maybe look deeper into it when I get home. I just had to get it of my mind for now :)

Angelblue05

I don't know that the server supports providing iso over HTTP. If you disable force HTTP, does it then play the iso?

With a Kodi log, it'll help pinpoint where the issue lies. I'll await your reply, no problem [emoji4]

Edited by Angelblue05

Grobii

The option disable force HTTP did not change anything or do I have to rescan the library after this gets changed? I only rescanned after i changed the PlayBack mode.

Do you need a Kodi log or an Emby log? 

Angelblue05

You only need to reset if you switch from add-on mode to native playback mode and vice versa. The playback settings only has an effect in combination with add-on playback mode.

Kodi log should be enough.

Angelblue05

@@Grobii

Thank you for your log. It's failing to find the iso. Can you verify if this path is correct?

smb://x.x.x.x/Medien/Videos/Filme/Der Hobbit/Der Hobbit - Die Schlacht der fuenf Heere.CD1.iso

Grobii

yes the path should be right. Also as I mentioned, when I switch the addon into native mode it also works.

Angelblue05

Hmm ok then. One thing you can try to make sure it's not an access issue. In the add-on menu > install from zip > navigate to the Der Hobbit via smb. Are you able to? Otherwise, can you enable Kodi debug and try to play the iso and provide an updated log? This should show why Kodi is failing to play the file. It should work the same as native, we are passing the real path to Kodi.

17:56:43.851 T:13320   ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, smb://x.x.x.x/Medien/Videos/Filme/Der Hobbit/Der Hobbit - Die Schlacht der fuenf Heere.CD1.iso
17:56:43.851 T:13320   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
17:56:43.851 T:13320  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
Edited by Angelblue05

Grobii

At first I was not able to navigate to the share per smb, but over IP or Name it was possible. Then I saw that the Windows feature SMB 1.0/CIFS-Client was deactivated so I activated it and rebooted. Now SMB finds my UnRaid Server and I can navigate to the share. ISO playback still does not work. I attached an Updated .log with debug information.

Should .iso playback work on the Emby webgui? Because if yes this also does not work.

kodi (2).log

Angelblue05

@Grobil

Strange this time in your log is shows trying to transcode the file. Did you re-enable play from http in the add-on settings?

Grobii

No the share is accessible without login info (Read Only). Also if this where the case shouldnt other files like .mkv also not work? 

Angelblue05

I don't think it's an access issue but Kodi keeps giving an error saying error probing the file. I'm trying to understand why that is, especially if the file path is the same as when you tried native paths.

Do you have Kodi with native paths setup to compare playback?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Thank you. Looks to me like it's a bug in Leia. When playback is initiated via plugin, it doesn't seem to trigger bluray actions.

Angelblue05

Done. I'll keep you posted as soon as I get a reply. A lot of work was put into the plugin playback system in Leia. Looks like that got broken in the process.