Video Error - Ignored

myrokulife

myrokulife

I just installed emby, earlier today (6/27/2018) and I can't get anything to play. Everything is video error. I tried to change the video settings, installed beta version and still nothing is playing. Possible solves please and thank you.

• 1 month later...
keith1966

I am having the same problem. Video error ignored ok high lighted. Like the product but all i get is errors.

syralk

@@syralk

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about this. Can we please look at an example? please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

I just try it again on last beta version for Roku, with a Hevc video with a roku express 3900

what happen is the videos will popup ignore skip to the next video, " also a hevc" in the same show and play it , then i can stop and go back to the first one i was watching.

it seem to just happen when you open the emby app on roku for the first time then, i do not see this error again.

That's interesting because I found a reference to this error in Hulu support and their suggestion was to re-start the Roku device.

syralk

So it only happened once?

yes 

on Roku Express 3900CA

From the Roku you start Emby App I'm using the beta but the stable to the same thing 

then you will play a video with a hevc codec 

example :Show - S01E01

you will see the popup Video ignore warning

then the Roku will skip to Show - S01E02 and it will play event if its a hevc

then if you stop and play Show - S01E01 it will play without error i can stop it and go to S01E02, S01E03 ... without issue

if I go back to the roku main screen and open back emby app it will happen again, the same way

Edited by syralk

Ah, I see what you mean.

Can you try re-starting the Roku and see if that happens to make any difference?

syralk

Ah, I see what you mean.

Can you try re-starting the Roku and see if that happens to make any difference?

Do you mean do a reset the Roku to factory then retry?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Do you mean do a reset the Roku to factory then retry?

No.  I just mean use the system menu to do a restart or just unplug it for a few seconds and plug it back in.

Thanks.

syralk

No. I just mean use the system menu to do a restart or just unplug it for a few seconds and plug it back in.

Thanks.

I power off and on the Roku each time I open the tv, so that part is already done [emoji4]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

syralk

just receive the Roku 4620 and this one do not do the Video ignore error 
it seem to only happen on the Roku Express 3700 3900

syralk

Ok, let's re-evaluate once we have the info requested in post #6. Thanks !

just send it using "Send Log" from the Roku

local user: kyle

just send it using "Send Log" from the Roku

local user: kyle

Hi.  We're going to need the complete set of logs - including server and any ffmpeg ones - as the app log, again, is just showing us what you already saw - the Roku video player throwing that error.

Thanks!

syralk

what i can see here is the video request direct play when its suppose to be transcoding, 

the Roku Express 3700 and 3900 do not support hevc

but the Roku Premiere 4620 doest support it :)

2018-08-14 08:28:52.688 Info App: User policy for Kyle. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
2018-08-14 08:28:52.706 Info App: Profile: Roku SG, Path: G:\Shows\Supergirl (2015)\Season 1\Supergirl S01E01 HDTV 720p x265 AAC E-Subs [GWC].mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True
2018-08-14 08:28:52.732 Info App: Profile: Roku SG, Path: G:\Shows\Supergirl (2015)\Season 1\Supergirl S01E01 HDTV 720p x265 AAC E-Subs [GWC].mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True
2018-08-14 08:28:52.732 Info App: Profile: Roku SG, Path: G:\Shows\Supergirl (2015)\Season 1\Supergirl S01E01 HDTV 720p x265 AAC E-Subs [GWC].mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True
Edited by syralk

That doesn't mean it's direct playing. You attached an ffmpeg log above so it looks like it's transcoding.