Recordings Have No Images

BuddahKat

BuddahKat

None of my recordings have any images or screen grabs attached to them. For example in the 'Live TV' view under 'Recordings' all my recordings just show as colored boxes with the show names. The shows have images in the guide before I record so I know they are there initially. I use ServerWMC. Please advise, thanks.

Edited by BuddahKat

Right, server wmc is not supplying recording images so that's why you're not seeing them in emby.

BuddahKat

Is there a way to make ServerWMC supply the images? Or if not, can Emby not just scrape the images from the web like it does for other content? When I right click a recording I see an option to update the metadata but whenever I try it doesn't seem to find anything. The colored boxes just don't mesh really with when everything has images...

BuddahKat

When I click on a recording it has an option to edit images which when clicked has a magnifying glass that lets you search for images. However when I attempt to do this it doesn't ever find any images.. is this search feature intended to be functionalal? Even if ServerWMC doesn't supply the images itself it does give the metadata. Can Emby not just use that to automatically populate the images like it does for everything else?

arrbee99

If you're desperate you could try NextPVR instead, that does images (or it did the last time I checked). Sometimes it gets them wrong though (which I think is why Luke doesn't want Emby to provide images as well). Depends if you think its worth the effort.

BuddahKat

The images are correct in the guide though... plus again Emby already auto populates images very well for everything else based on the metadata which is also already available for every recording. I don't really mind doing it manually honestly, that's why I was curious if the search feature was supposed to be functional

arrbee99

Is there a way to make ServerWMC supply the images? Or if not, can Emby not just scrape the images from the web like it does for other content? When I right click a recording I see an option to update the metadata but whenever I try it doesn't seem to find anything. The colored boxes just don't mesh really with when everything has images...

You said 'I see an option to update the metadata' - did you see or try 'edit images' ? If that works I should imagine for recordings of a series you'd have to update each individual episode though.

ddurdle

When I used an XMLTV EPG, I didn't get images, but when I signed up for SchedulesDirect and linked it together, my recordings and live tv have all the posters and meta info.

BuddahKat

When I used an XMLTV EPG, I didn't get images, but when I signed up for SchedulesDirect and linked it together, my recordings and live tv have all the posters and meta info.

Do you use a plugin for LiveTV (i.e. ServerWMC) or do you use the native Emby option where you enter your Schedules Direct login directly into the server?

ddurdle

Do you use a plugin for LiveTV (i.e. ServerWMC) or do you use the native Emby option where you enter your Schedules Direct login directly into the server?

Native emby LiveTV

BuddahKat

Native emby LiveTV

I use SchedulesDirect as well, but not directly with Emby (I use EPG123 to populate the WMC guide and then ServerWMC feeds that to Emby). I'd like to bypass the plugins all together by I don't believe Emby supports my Ceton tuners. I don't think it is recommended to use Schedules Direct natively with Emby and also use a Live TV plugin. I could be wrong though...

I took a stab at updating the plugin. Once the next server release is available you'll be able to get the new version. Please try that. Thanks.

BuddahKat

The recent server / plugin update did the trick. Images are now showing in Emby Theater as expected. Thanks Luke!