Incorrect timestamp on files changed/created by MBS

Starlionblue

Starlionblue

When MBS (Version 3.0.5192.19560) creates xml and downloads images, the timestamp (date modified) is consistently around 15-16 minutes in the future. The server has the correct time, and the log file has the correct timestamp. Even the entries in the log file have to correct timestamps. However the date modified is in the future.

Example. Here is a log file entry for an xml file creation. Time is 08:40:26.4618.

2014-03-31 08:40:26.4618 Debug - ProviderManager: Saving \\ATLAS\Stuff\Movies\Feature Films\Mad Max 2 - The Road Warrior\Mad Max 2 - The Road Warrior.avi to Media Browser Xml.

Here is a screen shot from Windows explorer showing the affected directory. Time is 08:57.

5338ba524577a_Capture.jpg

And contents. Time is 08:57.

5338baa6efe87_Capture2.jpg

Needless to say, function is in no way being affected. I just find it a bit mysterious that MBS is creating a file at a certain time and Windows is reporting it as created in the future even if the Windows clock is correct.

Edited by Starlionblue

that's interesting because we don't actually set the date attributes. we just modify the files and the OS handles it.

Starlionblue

that's interesting because we don't actually set the date attributes. we just modify the files and the OS handles it.

I suspected as much. I didn't think MBS was intentionally set to write the wrong time.  :lol:

Basically an OS bug then. And isn't that weird. I performed a little experiment and this is consistently happening even if I create a text file or something.

Starlionblue

AHA! The time on the NAS is wrong. Which is interesting because it is set to synchronize with an NTP server. Thx Netgear NTP servers!

Feeling kinda stupid now.  :huh:

Edited by Starlionblue