Switching to HD homerun

nikc0069

nikc0069

I've been using tvheadend with usb tuners as a proof of concept. It's OK but not the smoothest experience.

Ive just bought an HD home run so my question is what do I need to do to totally start from scratch with epg and all?

Is it simply to delete tvheadend plugin, remove schedules direct as an epg source then restart and readd hdhr and Sd? Any way to blow away existing epg first so I'm starting totally clean?

Erik

I always removed everything from the love TV portion first when I just added another to my setup the other day.

Also, before adding the HDhomerun to Emby, I go into the HDhomerun and select all the channels I want to use (which is actually more blocking the ones I don't want to see) by marking as favourites.

Then go into Emby, add the tuner and select the option to restrict channels to favourites.

Thanks. Should I remove the lineup on the Sd site as well and let emby recreate it?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Emby doesn't do anything to your Schedules direct account, rather the other way around. Emby will import the lineup you select. 

nikc0069

You select the options in Emby, assuming you use the json api then you don't specify the lineup in Sd as it is up to the client to select it at which point it shows on Sd. Or am I over complicating things? They point out that with the old system you created the lineup on the site but the new one it's defined by the client.

With emby you just login to SD, punch in your zip code, and then select one of the lineups for that zip code.

nikc0069

Thanks all working. Only issue is that channel tuning is very slow. If I hit the button that pops up to say I have playback problems then is starts playing almost instantly. Using beta shield app, would the beta server help too?

maegibbons

Thanks all working. Only issue is that channel tuning is very slow. If I hit the button that pops up to say I have playback problems then is starts playing almost instantly. Using beta shield app, would the beta server help too?

Are you UK based?

If so FATV app has issues with UK HD TV channels from HDHR when using exo.  MPV works better (select it in Live TV settings) but has other issues with in progress recoordings.  And if you have upgraded to Oreo then there are even more issues with MPV and some with EXO as well!

Stay away from Oreo if you can at present.

Krs

Mark

tdiguy

I suggest if you switch to the beta server to use version 3.4.1.20 beta i have been using it with live tv for a while and its been working well for me. 

nikc0069

I'm already on oreo and mpv is a mess on oreo so guess I just need to be patient whilst the devs fix up exo! Any other tangible benefits to beta server?

tdiguy

I'm already on oreo and mpv is a mess on oreo so guess I just need to be patient whilst the devs fix up exo! Any other tangible benefits to beta server?

on build .20 live tv works very well with very little freezing at least for me, i use 2 mi boxes both on oreo and a fire tv.

nikc0069

I'll give it a go then, thanks! It's just a case of editing an xml file to move back to stable if required isn't it? (sorry for all the questions. Long time plex user first time in many years trying emby)

If you're not having a problem then i would just stay on stable. You can't roll back this time due to database changes. If you want to switch back to stable then you have to wait until the beta gets promoted to stable. At that point you'll be able to switch back.

nikc0069

Only problem I'm having is having to press to say there are playback problems once the spinner stops spinning. Get this on both the fire tv and the shield in the UK with HD homerun.then everything is peachy. If the beta server won't solve this then I may as well wait until things client side are sorted. Hey, plex just told me "no parts" half the time so it's a step up! ;)

maegibbons

The bata server will NOT fix that.  It is an app/player issue.

Krs

Mark

nikc0069

Just one more annoying question. As I get the same thing on the fire tv as well which isn't oreo, the server definitely won't help?

We haven't seen a full issue report from you about that so we can't really say.

Only problem I'm having is having to press to say there are playback problems once the spinner stops spinning. Get this on both the fire tv and the shield in the UK with HD homerun.then everything is peachy. If the beta server won't solve this then I may as well wait until things client side are sorted. Hey, plex just told me "no parts" half the time so it's a step up! ;)

Is that still the case if you uncheck the option to direct stream Live TV?

nikc0069

Can only test on the fire tv atm as main tv is in use but on ftv it is still the case. With direct play off video is jerky whereas with direct play everything is smooth but I have to hit the button to say I'm having problems. I seem to remember this being identical on the shield. I am UK based as it seems that is relevant. I have deinterlacing entirely turned off everywhere in clients. Mpv does strange things to colour and playback whether direct is enabled or disabled.