When using Roku or Chromecast the movie plays jerky. When the scene is panning it isn't smooth.
Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:30 AM
There are a couple things that I would check since I have seen this happen as well in the past.
The easy stuff:
1. On the Roku 3, go to preferences in the Media Browser app and increase the bitrate. (since you said your Roku 3 is wired, I'd start at 20Mb/s and work my way down.)
2. Ensure the Roku 3 is using the wired connection and not WiFi.
-Roku 3 main menu -> settings -> internet connection -> select wired
The annoying stuff:
1. Do all movies demonstrate this behavior, or just a few?
2. What are the average bitrates of the movies that are having issues. (you can download a free program called Media Info which will tell you everything you need to know about the video file and will assist in pin pointing the problem)
3. Does the jerky play when panning occur when only the Roku 3 is accessing the server?
3. Have you tried re-encoding the video using Handbrake to a format that the Roku 3 can easily use so the server doesn't need to transcode?
Video: MP4 (H.264), MKV (H.264)
Audio: AAC, AC3, MP3
I have an i3-3225 in my HTPC and it trans-codes seamlessly to the Roku 3 via the media browser app. When I was getting the stutter issue on panning, if raising the transfer rate on the Roku 3 inside the Media Browser app preferences didn't work, re-encoding to reduce the average bitrate using Handbrake worked.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users