Dark overlay

tuvx

Thank you for trying.

With the new release, will it be addressing the mouse cursor showing (I read that issue in the forum)? Also, it maybe a training issue, but I noticed no way to navigating drop down boxes using the keyboard (i.e. click on subtitles, but cannot move to the next item in the list using arrow keys); this defeats the purpose of theater mode if we need a mouse (not just a remote).

I haven't seen any issues with the cursor and the store app. Please make sure to describe your issue in more detail. Thanks.

Tremas

I can also report that I have seen this happen in Emby Theater for PC (not the store app). I use playlists for music videos and sometimes when using the same procedure as Post #6 I will see the overlay. To correct, I basically back out and re-shuffle and it goes away. I haven't tested it enough to reproduce it but I can do so this weekend (send logs, PC configuration, etc). I also have the issue of the cursor being on screen, but I just move it off and it doesn't return. Perhaps it is a video card/driver related issue? I'm using an AMD card if that is helpful. Could it also be related to the number of items in the playlist? I mostly have playlists which are over 200 items that are shuffled. Lastly, I believe some of my videos are of different types (avi, mp4) and different audio formats which may be a contributing factor.

Different but possibly related, I also have an issue where after skipping a video (procedure in Post #6) the next video will play for about 60 seconds and then jump back to the video that was skipped. Again - I will do some testing and report back.

tuvx

I didn't realize there was a desktop player (not from the app store).

I installed and it works fine.

Guest asrequested

I didn't realize there was a desktop player (not from the app store).

I installed and it works fine.

And it is a much more capable player.

Tremas

I did some testing over the weekend and was not able to re-produce the overlay issue on either Emby Theater (PC) or Xbox. I had definitely seen it in the past few weeks, but couldn't deliberately make it happen this weekend. Same goes for the mouse being visible during playback. I will keep an eye out if it happens again, but nothing so far. Hopefully it's no longer an issue.

I am able to reproduce the "skipping video" issue, but will start another thread for that.