Issue Playing Collections in Playlists

Scott750

Scott750

In my Playlists, I have some movies that are grouped into collections. I can start playing a non-collection movie as "play all from here" and they play normally in sequence. But when ET gets to a collection, it stops playing altogether. Also when movies are grouped into a collection, ET only shows the main collection. It doesn't show individual movies of that collection. So I can't start Part 2 of the collection, I'm forced to start Part 1.

ET V3.0.1

• 2 weeks later...

@@Scott750, using the new Emby Server 3.5, i tested this by creating a new collection of three movies. Then I added that collection to a new playlist. 

I then tried playing that playlist and did not have any problems. Is this what you're doing?

@@Happy2Play can you reproduce this? I'm mostly interested in new playlists created on the 3.5 server. Thanks.

Happy2Play

@@Luke

Yes this looks like a Theater issue as Theater lists Collection not items and stops when it gets to a collection, unlike the Web Client  Same results as @@Scott750

ET 3.0.1

5b54fddd55fe4_E.jpg

Web Client

5b54fdfb209f9_wc.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

• 1 month later...

@@Scott750

@@Happy2Play

This is being corrected for Emby Server 3.6 so that when you add a Collection to a playlist, it will add the collection items and not the collection itself. This means you'll need to recreate these playlists, as the existing ones will continue to have this error. Thanks.

Scott750

Good to hear @@Luke. Thanks for updating us. Is there a time frame for v3.6 to be released?

Edited by Scott750