ERROR:: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)

tchirou

tchirou

Hi Angelblue05

I have Emby server 3.4.1.0 on a synology NAS, Kodi Krypton 17.6 on a Nvidia Shield TV. The emby Kodi add-on is 3.0.31.

I just saw that most of my movies have disappeared from the Kodi movie list (29 are there instead of 384). Nothing is wrong with the TV shows though.

Everything is good server side, both for movies and tv shows.

When I try to reset the Kodi database, I have a "Emby error check log"

The log says :

19:38:54.355 T:138963838032  NOTICE: EMBY.default -> plugin.video.emby started
19:38:54.364 T:138963838032  NOTICE: EMBY.default -> Parameter string: ?mode=reset params: {'mode': ['reset']}
19:38:56.277 T:138963838032  NOTICE: EMBY.default -> ERROR:: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 179, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 66, in __init__
                                                elif not self._modes(mode, params):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 142, in _modes
                                                action()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/database.py", line 173, in db_reset
                                                Playlist().delete_playlists()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/views.py", line 445, in delete_playlists
                                                self._delete_playlist(os.path.join(path, file))
                                              File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-android-21/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 71, in join
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)
19:38:56.278 T:138963838032   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 179, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 66, in __init__
                                                elif not self._modes(mode, params):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 142, in _modes
                                                action()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/database.py", line 173, in db_reset
                                                Playlist().delete_playlists()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/views.py", line 445, in delete_playlists
                                                self._delete_playlist(os.path.join(path, file))
                                              File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-android-21/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 71, in join
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:38:56.507 T:138963838032 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(53, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py): the python script "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE

I forced a new update of the addon, rebooted the server and the shield, but no luck.

Would you have an idea ?

Merci !

tchirou

Nope

I just have “films” and “films 3D” as movies libraries

It has worked this way for weeks

Maybe it went wrong with one of the couple last updates of the add on, I just realized tonight though

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Can you check from your webclient. Is there an Emby generated library that has a special character?

Angelblue05

"Series" "francais" contains a special char. Hm I haven't changed anything in that part of the code in a long while, the bug must have always existed. It only relates to deleting playlists. :). Can you test this build and let me know if it helps any?

plugin.video.emby-3.0.31a.zip

Edited by Angelblue05