Package Center Emby Updates Fail After Latest DSM 6.2 Update

DarWun

solabc16

Hello All

To clarify, the above is to a certain extent a sideshow, it just muddies the water as it means the system does not respond to changes in a timely or sensible manner.

It appears the problem is specific to package releases that are marked as betas, which is consistent with our observation that users on the stable channel do not appear to be having issues installing or updating when running DSM 6.2.

However, if you already have either the stable or beta release installed when you upgrade to DSM 6.2, then trying to subsequently update to the latest beta fails with the message "Operation Failed" in Package Center.

By getting the system to install a newer package that is not marked as a beta (even though it may be a beta release), seems to resolve the issue and updates then install normally and without issue.

A little bit more work required to determine a sensible course of action for affected users on the beta channel, so will be in touch in due course. I suspect we'll see this problem resolved in a future update to DSM 6.2.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

djhifi

@@solabc16 how can I access the beta version? Can you please share the repository? Also, im on the latest stable release and i'm have lots of mono errors being thrown into the log (attached) can you shed some light?

Log.txt

solabc16

Hello @@djhifi

For details on accessing the beta channel, please refer to the following: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-Accessing-Beta-and-Development-Releases

The errors you are seeing are the result of issues occurring whilst trying to get further information about media configured within your setup.

These aren't critical errors with the server itself, but if you want to get to the bottom of it, I suggest opening a new thread as it's a little off topic for this one.

Best

- James

• Like 1

Seger

unbelievable, no idea if anything has changed. but I'm just not at home and have just pushed the update process via https connection via the interface and it was the latest beta installed.

Seger

solabc16

Hello @@Seger

Thanks for the update, we hope the problem has now been resolved.

Let me know if you are able to update to 3.4.1.23-beta successfully, if you haven't already.

Best

- James

• Like 2

DarWun

Package Center offered up beta update 3.4.1.23 when I logged in to DSM this morning.  I clicked update, and the beta downloaded and installed without an issue. Thanks @@solabc16 (and Team)!!! 

FrostByte

I received Update 1 for the latest DSM yesterday, maybe that had something to do with fixing this

Good day,

Yes, James did great work fixing the issue, many thanks for him.

My best

Mdrodge

I decided to uninstall and reinstall Emby because it was being weird but.....

Now it's completely missing from the Package Center, so i don't have Emby anymore until this is fixed.

Unless someone can share a copy with me???

Or something else i can do to install.

I decided to uninstall and reinstall Emby because it was being weird but.....

Now it's completely missing from the Package Center, so i don't have Emby anymore until this is fixed.

Unless someone can share a copy with me???

Or something else i can do to install.

Did you receive Update 1 for the latest DSM?

solabc16

Hello @@Mdrodge

As mentioned by Luke, please post your Synology model and DSM version here, then PM me your current IP addresss and I can do some digging.

There are issues with the latest DSM 6.2 we've been working around, so this could be a factor here.

Best

- James

solabc16

Hello All

FYI, beta release '3.4.1.24-1-beta' is now available for Synology/XPEnology and we are expecting installs/upgrades to now run smoothly for DSM 6.2 based systems as well.

There do still appear to be some quirks with Package Center, even with DSM 6.2 Update #1, but these are outside of what we can control. We will however continue to monitor and feedback to Synology as appropriate.

The one you might notice and cause a little bit of alarm, is after successfully installing an upgrade, Package Center will display the 'Install' button for a short while before reverting to the expected 'Running' state.

Best

- James

• Like 2

DarWun

Hello All

FYI, beta release '3.4.1.24-1-beta' is now available for Synology/XPEnology and we are expecting installs/upgrades to now run smoothly for DSM 6.2 based systems as well.

There do still appear to be some quirks with Package Center, even with DSM 6.2 Update #1, but these are outside of what we can control. We will however continue to monitor and feedback to Synology as appropriate.

The one you might notice and cause a little bit of alarm, is after successfully installing an upgrade, Package Center will display the 'Install' button for a short while before reverting to the expected 'Running' state.

Best

- James

@@solabc16 FYI upgraded to 2.4.1.24-1-beta without an issue.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
jpitlick

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?  I am running Emby 3.5.2.0 on XPenology and had been waiting on the update to 3.5.3 release since 9/20 or so.  I don't remember when I updated DSM to 6.2, but it was presumably before 9/20.  I ran "sudo grep -i "emby" /var/log/messages | tail -n 50" and got the following:

2018-10-16T02:21:53-04:00 RAIDStation builtin-dyn-autopkgupgrade-default: pkgcurltool.cpp:453 Failed to download https://synology.emby.media/?package_repository=360efc6e-de72-4073-b603-2bfbd7001586&package_architecture=xpen-core2-sse41, code=35, err=Error
2018-10-16T02:27:44-04:00 RAIDStation builtin-dyn-autopkgupgrade-default: pkgcurltool.cpp:453 Failed to download https://synology.emby.media/?package_repository=360efc6e-de72-4073-b603-2bfbd7001586&package_architecture=xpen-core2-sse41, code=35, err=Error
2018-10-16T02:33:50-04:00 RAIDStation builtin-dyn-autopkgupgrade-default: pkgcurltool.cpp:458 Failed to download https://synology.emby.media/?package_repository=360efc6e-de72-4073-b603-2bfbd7001586&package_architecture=xpen-core2-sse41, code=28, err=Error
2018-10-16T02:35:41-04:00 RAIDStation builtin-dyn-autopkgupgrade-default: pkgcurltool.cpp:453 Failed to download https://synology.emby.media/?package_repository=360efc6e-de72-4073-b603-2bfbd7001586&package_architecture=xpen-core2-sse41, code=35, err=Error
2018-11-02T07:29:45-04:00 RAIDStation synoscgi_SYNO.Core.Package.Installation_1_install[3085]: resource_api.cpp:231 Release service-cfg for EmbyServer when 0x0002 (done)
2018-11-02T07:29:48-04:00 RAIDStation synoscgi_SYNO.Core.Package.Installation_1_install[3085]: resource_api.cpp:163 Acquire service-cfg for EmbyServer when 0x0002 (done)
2018-11-11T13:32:46-05:00 RAIDStation synoscgi_SYNO.Core.Package.Uninstallation_1_uninstall[16563]: resource_api.cpp:231 Release service-cfg for EmbyServer when 0x0004 (done)
2018-11-11T13:32:56-05:00 RAIDStation synodrnode: Delete session of user[embysvr] by user-delete hook
2018-11-11T13:33:25-05:00 RAIDStation synoscgi_SYNO.Core.Package.Installation_1_install[18734]: resource_api.cpp:163 Acquire service-cfg for EmbyServer when 0x0001 (done)

I also can't seem to make Emby check for updates manually.  I tried removing the repository and certificate and reading them.  No difference.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

solabc16

Hello @@jpitlick

A couple of different issues going on here; the problems with 'quirky' Package Center behaviour seem to have improved with the latest DSM 6.2 updates - what's the latest you are able to run on XPEnology?

That's was the principal issue driving this thread.

The reason that 3.5.3 isn't currently available for XPEnology, is that whilst it might appear to be a minor update, there's quite a lot going on behind the scenes and we had to temporarily pause the XPEnology releases.

I'm actually working on them as I write this, so you will see an updated 'default' XPEnology package arrive by the end of the week; with architecture specific optimised versions coming afterwards.

Thanks for your patience.

Best

- James

jpitlick

Hello @@jpitlick

A couple of different issues going on here; the problems with 'quirky' Package Center behaviour seem to have improved with the latest DSM 6.2 updates - what's the latest you are able to run on XPEnology?

That's was the principal issue driving this thread.

The reason that 3.5.3 isn't currently available for XPEnology, is that whilst it might appear to be a minor update, there's quite a lot going on behind the scenes and we had to temporarily pause the XPEnology releases.

I'm actually working on them as I write this, so you will see an updated 'default' XPEnology package arrive by the end of the week; with architecture specific optimised versions coming afterwards.

Thanks for your patience.

Best

- James

I am currently running DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2.  I got concerned about the update when it didn't show up after a few days as has been my experience with previous updates.  It just took me this long to start researching the issue.  I'm glad it looks like there is nothing wrong and that the update just isn't available yet.  I look forward to updating once it is ready.  Thanks for the response and all of your hard work on this.

solabc16

Hello @@jpitlick

The 3.5.3.0-18 default package for XPEnology systems is now available. If you're aren't using a processor optimised package, then you should now see this available in Package Center.

Let me know how you get on and if you are using a processor optimised package, let me know which one.

Best

- James

jpitlick

Hello @@jpitlick

The 3.5.3.0-18 default package for XPEnology systems is now available. If you're aren't using a processor optimised package, then you should now see this available in Package Center.

Let me know how you get on and if you are using a processor optimised package, let me know which one.

Best

- James

I am using a processor optimized package.  I am using repository https://synology.emby.media/?package_repository=360efc6e-de72-4073-b603-2bfbd7001586&package_architecture=xpen-core2-sse41.

jpitlick

Hello @@jpitlick

The updated package for xpen-core2-sse41 is now availabe, let me know how you get on.

Best

- James

I got it installed, but it won't start.  I don't see anything in /var/log/messages that indicates what is happening.

solabc16

Hello @@jpitlick

Can you run the diagnostics and send logs please, and I'll have a look to see what's happening.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Run-Diagnostics

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Post the send logs reference here when it completes.

Best

- James

jpitlick

Hello @@jpitlick

Can you run the diagnostics and send logs please, and I'll have a look to see what's happening.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Run-Diagnostics

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Post the send logs reference here when it completes.

Best

- James

Here you go:  sendlogs_RAIDStation_synology_bromolow_3615xs_20181118T002939UTC.tgz

Thanks.

Edited by jpitlick