Is my recording triggering or failing?

aspdend

aspdend

I have LiveTV set up and it has been working fine for a little while using my Hauppage tuner and EPG via Schedules Direct. This last week or so, I have noticed that some of the programmes I was expecting to record haven't been and I want to interrogate the server to find out why. The logs are so huge, it takes an age to determine what I may be looking for

Is there something that I am missing that will tell me when such events are/not triggered and occur? I was expecting something under 'Recent Activity' or similar

Hi there, please discuss an example and attach the emby server log. Thanks !

aspdend

Hi there, please discuss an example and attach the emby server log. Thanks !

Luke,

I'm not going to bother you with my logs etc until I've had a good chance to look at things myself - that's why I wanted to know if there is somewhere I haven't noticed other than the server logs to look up a recording event being triggered or failing to operate etc.

jaketame

Have you checked the file system to see if the recordings are there. I need to get logs to Luke for missing recordings too.

aspdend

Have you checked the file system to see if the recordings are there. I need to get logs to Luke for missing recordings too.

I have and they are not there at all - I was trying to get a handle on what I can view before I give up and ask for more detailed help from Luke etc

jaketame

I have and they are not there at all - I was trying to get a handle on what I can view before I give up and ask for more detailed help from Luke etc

Grep the log file for “denied” could be permission related.

aspdend

Grep the log file for “denied” could be permission related.

I hope not, it was working fine up until a couple of weeks ago - that's the trouble, there was no notification of a failure to record and most of what is recorded are kids programmes and stuff for the wife so I never noticed anything was amiss until it was pointed out to me!

That was also kind of my point - the logs are huge so is there somewhere on the dashboard (the place to control the server) that recording started pings up followed by recording failed, recording finished, recording couldn't be saved for example - something a bit more readily available and user-friendly than trawling through a text file primarily full of what looks like garbage to me...  

Edited by aspdend