Screensaver setting reverting to "none"

linds1234

linds1234

Hi All,

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the screen saver setting going back to "none" ?

I found this thread suggesting it could be happening from a corrupt "guisettings.xml" file:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=328242

After the setting gets reverted, If I create a new "guisettings.xml" file with the required screensaver info, it seems to work for a random amount of time then gets set back to "none" again.

Could this previous Emby for Kodi bug possibly have cropped up again?:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/40992-emby-disables-kodi-screensaver/

Thank you,

Lindsay

feerlessleadr

damn, this has been happening to me for months on both Krypton and Leia (as well as on both my Shields and my Minix box). I just assumed it was a kodi bug, never knew it may be related to emby for kodi.

It doesn't happen at a set interval, so I'm not sure how to pin down a log of it happening. 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

What screensaver are you using? Just disable the setting in the add-on > sync option > sync while screensaver is on.

linds1234

Hi @@Angelblue05,

I'm using one of the built in screensavers that just Dims the screen after x minutes.

The add-on setting that you have mentioned has always been turned off (by default), "sync when screensaver is deactivated" is the actual setting name. I've now *enabled* it to see if it helps?

Cheers,

Lindsay

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Fixed with the latest 3.0.31 - The setting was broken, so make sure you disable it.

• Like 1

abescalamis

The visualization on Android Kodi Leia doesn't work, and is not related to the Addon, and it works on other versions, Mac and Windows seem to work.

• Like 1