Wrong time in Emby APP

Ace of Space

Ace of Space

Hello,

I have the problem in Germany, the television has the right time, including summer citation adjustment. (GMT +1 winter / GMT + 2 summer)

Unfortunately, the time in Emby is always 9 hours after.

Say if the TV in the EPG displays 20 clock, it is in the Emby app just 11 clock

Maybe someone has an idea?

Ace of Space

Hi,

i have Thies Problem in this TV Models:

Samsung UE55MU6179

Samsung UE75MU6179

Gruß

Jan

FrostByte

Just wanted to say I saw something similar on my 2018 TV until DST started here in the US.  Emby was always off by 1 hour while the TV displayed the correct time.  Which is odd because you would think if it was off by an hour it would be during DST.  Anyhow, it's correct now and shows the same time as the TV.

I remember the old third party Samsung app had similar issues and cmcg ended up just adding some sort of clock offset in the settings because everyone's clock was off differently and the fix for one was different than the fix for another.  For instance some devices you had to set the difference between you and GMT and other devices you set your time zone and checked if you wanted it to automatically adjust for DST which caused issues when he ran the function which returned the time.

• 3 weeks later...
invertedknife

We may have to just not show the clock anymore.

i get incorrect time if i turn off the tv while the app is open and then turn it back on after a while. once i exit the app and open it again the correct time will show. 

• 1 year later...

I seem to have run into the same issue.

The clock seems to show US time and is off by -7 hours, when it's actually 11:00 the Emby app shows 4:00.

This issue is with version .61 installed via app store and .62 installed via USB (because not available in the app store).

The TV was bought in Germany and the SmartHub region was changed a few times, most recently to the US region to be able to install Emby.

However, I don't live in Germany so I don't have a German timezone either.

Tizen itself, and all other 3rd party apps, show correct time, just Emby doesn't.

This is pretty bad as it removes a lot of functionality, especially for Live TV.

Model: QE75Q7FNA (2018)

Software Version: T-KTM2DEUC-1260.8

Is there any hope to have this solved?

FrostByte

Have you changed the region to the location you're at currently?  Is the LiveTV time still off?

• Like 1

I didn’t try this yet. I’ll try to set it to the local region for testing purpose in a few hours and will report back if this influences the clock of Emby. If yes it may give a hint for devs to were the issue may lay in. But I’ll need the US region back as all my accounts/apps are US.

• Like 1

Emby's clock is showing now the right time.

After changing the internet service region from US to the local one the installed Emby app disappeared.

Re-installing the app via USB and starting it still showed the wrong US time.

However, power cycling the TV set and then starting the Emby app finally did the trick and the time is correct now.

I did power cycle the TV set before already with US region and tried other stuff, but the time was still wrong.

It seems like Emby does not (only) take the System time, but somehow is pulling the Internet Service Region information as well.

Edited by af2k

FrostByte

So we need Luke/SamES to ignore the region and just use the local time to fix LiveTV?  That way the time would be correct even for those who want to change their region like you.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
kingy444

Same issue here in Australia where we have 'Daylight Savings' making the clocks go forward and back twice a year. As a result Emby Tizen is showing as 1 hour out all the time.

I've checked the system time and Emby must be trying to adjust the time itself (respecting the system time as above seems the easiest option)

With the times being out it means predictions for show ends are also out which is my main issue

Samsung has told us that the apis we're relying on can't be trusted and that we have to produce our own mechanism for time from outside the app. So we'll have to figure out something there.

SamES

The issue is that when apps request the region and timezone it is automatically based on the IP geolocation, it is not possible to get the timezone set in the TV settings.  This is a problem if you have a dynamic address from your ISP and it is reporting the wrong location.

• 1 month later...
mgworek

Did you guys fix this or did Samsung do something? All week the time has been correct. My wife even had to ask me "Is that the correct time, cause you know it doesn't always work." heh.

I didn't see anything in release notes.

Edited by mgworek

mgworek

We haven't done anything for this yet.

Weird. Maybe I am just lucky this week. Wait no, I spilled an extra large coffee on me today.

If it continues to work I will mention it next week.

The time is based on geolocation of your IP address.  If you have a dynamic IP address from your provider then you may have been switched to one with a location record in your time zone.  If it is static, the ISP may have updated the records based on your location, which can take a while to filter through to all the location providers.  I'm not sure which provider Samsung uses.

Try doing a location search on your public IP on a few sites and see where it is located.  If the time goes back to being incorrect, do a search again and see which sites are reporting a difference.

Try these and try and determine which is most correct in each case and give some feedback.

Edited by SamES

mgworek

The time is based on geolocation of your IP address.  If you have a dynamic IP address from your provider then you may have been switched to one with a location record in your time zone.  If it is static, the ISP may have updated the records based on your location, which can take a while to filter through to all the location providers.  I'm not sure which provider Samsung uses.

Try doing a location search on your public IP on a few sites and see where it is located.  If the time goes back to being incorrect, do a search again and see which sites are reporting a difference.

Try these and try and determine which is most correct in each case and give some feedback.

The problem is normally after a few days, the time stays the same within app. My bad, I guess I posted in a wrong thread. this one is about the time working but wrong. There were other threads about the time not changing. Sorry.

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, mgworek said:

Just thought I would ask if there has been any progress in fixing the time issue.

Thanks.

Not yet, sorry. Samsung has confirmed to us that it's a platform defect.

• 1 month later...
galilrage

why not just create a setting in the app where someone can either choose their timezone, or GMT +/- hours.  This way it shouldn't be dependant on anything on the TV, or the IP address

• Like 1